*Fantasia’s life has been a rollercoaster ride of trails, transgressions and triumphs, much of which she delves into on her forth studio album, “Side Effects of You.”
In an interview with TheDrop.fm about her new project, the “American Idol” winner also discusses some of her past troubles and current inspirations.
In 2010, the singer attempted suicide due to the stress of her career. Once she was hospitalized, she took a hiatus from music to reconnect with reality.
“When I went into the hospital, I looked up artists who’ve been through things,” Fantasia tells TheDrop.fm. “I researched other singers who have faced struggles, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, they all have stories to tell. I took my cues from them, and I just put my mind and everything into music.”
She recommitted herself to her craft and focused on making her new LP. But there was one motivating factor to get the job done: her children. Fantasia is the mother of an 11-year-old daughter, Zion and 1-year-old son, Dallas.
“I love children,” the North Carolina native admits. “My kids push me. They are my lifesaver. It was hard for me to be on the road when my daughter was growing up. My kids are the reason why I can’t stop. Because of them I have to live healthy so I can see my children’s children. They push me to be a better person.”
With her LP currently out in stores, Fantasia seems ready to share her message with the masses once again with songs like “Lose to Win” and “Without Me.”
“I’ve taken a lot of hits,” she explains. “It has been hard. If I can tell my story and help 20 people, then it doesn’t matter about the 10 people to my right who judge me. That’s my job. God wants me to inspire people. They can see what I’ve been through.”
“Side Effects of You,” released in April, debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart, earning 91,000 in first-week sales.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here