The greedy politician pled guilty this year on criminal charges that he secretly spent $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items.
The government prescribed an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife, Sandra, who pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns that understated the couple’s income.
Because the couple has two children, prosecutors proposed that the sentences be successive rather than simultaneous, with Sandra Jackson going first.
According to the government, she could be released from prison in little over a year with satisfactory behavior, serving the end of her sentence in home confinement. Both Jacksons are scheduled to be sentenced on July 3.
For the whole story, visit the Huffington Post’s Black Voices.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here