The greedy politician pled guilty this year on criminal charges that he secretly spent $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items.
The government prescribed an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife, Sandra, who pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns that understated the couple’s income.
Because the couple has two children, prosecutors proposed that the sentences be successive rather than simultaneous, with Sandra Jackson going first.
According to the government, she could be released from prison in little over a year with satisfactory behavior, serving the end of her sentence in home confinement. Both Jacksons are scheduled to be sentenced on July 3.
For the whole story, visit the Huffington Post’s Black Voices.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here