The self-described “face-of-Southern cooking” made in deposition she gave concerning a a discrimination suit against her and other defendants including her brother, Bubby Hiers.
However, it doesn’t appear that she’s in any immediate danger of being fired by the network.
“Food Network does not tolerate any form of discrimination and is a strong proponent of diversity and inclusion. We will continue to monitor the situation,” a Food Network spokeswoman said.
In the deposition, as we reported, Deen described wanting to have a “very southern style wedding” for her brother modeled after a restaurant where the “whole entire wait staff was middle-aged black men” wearing in white jackets and black bow ties. She also admitted to having used the N word.
Lisa Jackson, an ex-employee, is suing Deen, her brother, and two companies that run the restaurants Deen owns, claims she was subjected to sexist, racist, and violent behavior during the time she worked at one of the restaurants.
Attorneys for Deen and her brother have denied the allegations.
Meanwhile, according to TMZ, …
in a statement sent to them, Paula Deen is using the “I’m from the South” excuse to justify her use of the N-word … saying that when she grew up, dropping an N-bomb was no big deal because everyone was racist.:
“During a deposition where she swore to tell the truth, Ms. Deen recounted having used a racial epithet in the past, speaking largely about a time in American history which was quite different than today.”
“[Paula] was born 60 years ago when America’s South had schools that were segregated, different bathrooms, different restaurants and Americans rode in different parts of the bus. This is not today.”
“To be clear Ms. Deen does not find acceptable the use of this term under any circumstance by anyone nor condone any form of racism or discrimination. “
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here