*The Illinois GOP official who called congressional candidate Erika Harold (pictured) a “little queen” and “street walker” has resigned his office as chairman of the Montgomery County GOP.
Jim Allen called Harold a “little queen” and compared her to a “street walker” and her pimps are the DEMOCRAT PARTY and RINO [Republican in Name Only] REPUBLICANS, in an email to the website Republican News Watch Tuesday.
Two days later Allen sent his letter of resignation to Illinois Republican Chairman Jack Dorgan. Dorgan said Allen’s emailed remarks were “offensive and inappropriate.”
The fact that Harold, who was previously crowned Miss America in 2003, is now running against Republican Rep. Rodney Davis of Taylorville apparently upset Allen.
Allen later apologized after the comments went public. The apology came after reprimand from GOP National Chairman, Reince Priebus.
“My comments are very inappropriate and wrong, and I apologize to Miss Harold and her campaign and her supporters,” he said.
Allen was removed from the “Team 2014” list on Davis’ campaign as a result of his comments. Davis felt it necessary to distance himself from the likes of Allen and issued a statement condemning the remarks.
“Mr. Allen’s comments are misguided and wrong and certainly do not reflect the views of Congressman Davis or his campaign,” Davis spokesman Andrew Flach said in a statement. “Our hope is that supporters for all of the candidates conduct themselves in a positive manner and focus on the issues facing our country as the campaign moves forward.”
Below is the full text of Allen’s email:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here