*HBO has bought TV rights to Mike Tyson’s one-man show, “Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth,” reports Deadline.com.
HBO Films will film the Spike Lee-directed one man show in July for debut on HBO later in the year. The stage production features “Iron Mike” recounting his life’s highs and lows in his signature candid style. He opens up about his troubled youth, landmark boxing career, key people in his life, controversies, time in prison, self-examination, family and new beginnings.
Tyson recently wrapped a 10-week U.S. tour of the production, which debuted in Las Vegas in spring 2012 and ran on Broadway last summer.
Lee and Tyson — who also collaborated on the HBO pilot “Da Brick,” a drama series inspired by Tyson’s childhood that the premium network passed on last year — are among the executive producers, as is Tyson’s wife Kiki, who also wrote; Jon Kilik; and James Nederlander.
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here