*HBO has bought TV rights to Mike Tyson’s one-man show, “Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth,” reports Deadline.com.
HBO Films will film the Spike Lee-directed one man show in July for debut on HBO later in the year. The stage production features “Iron Mike” recounting his life’s highs and lows in his signature candid style. He opens up about his troubled youth, landmark boxing career, key people in his life, controversies, time in prison, self-examination, family and new beginnings.
Tyson recently wrapped a 10-week U.S. tour of the production, which debuted in Las Vegas in spring 2012 and ran on Broadway last summer.
Lee and Tyson — who also collaborated on the HBO pilot “Da Brick,” a drama series inspired by Tyson’s childhood that the premium network passed on last year — are among the executive producers, as is Tyson’s wife Kiki, who also wrote; Jon Kilik; and James Nederlander.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here