*What are you going to wear this weekend during the BET experience in Los Angeles?
In a place where fashion is sort of like a free spirit, really, you could wear almost anything during this event. But to stand out, now that’s a different story.
The BET Awards has expanded over the years, introducing some dynamic auxiliary events. Fortunately, the brand has managed to get us ready for the awards with it’s winter showcase, Rip the Runway, a full on, high octane fashion show with some of the most creative designers in the business.
So while you pick out your heels, bowties, and lace tops, check out the trends and threads from some of BET’s hottest designers featured earlier this year.
It hasn’t always been easy for the thick chicks to find fashion, curve-friendly threads. However, designers have branched out in the past five years, introducing desirable fits for all kinds of chicks. Shanda Freeman gets it. The designer has a slew of sexy fitting designs, perfect for women of a different size.
Her designs are made to wrap full figured women’s curves in elegant form fitting dresses that compliment everything ladies work so hard to keep. Strategic cuts help accentuate assets and tone down the extras some would rather cover up without making a woman look frumpy and out of place.
Check out the designer’s latest work here.
Andrew Nowell’s men’s wear is masculine, sheik, and tailored to fit. Designed with the man in mind, the Bronx native is known for dressing Hip Hop’s B.O.B. and other big named celebrities. Fashioned for sophistication, the Andrew Nowell collection embraces fine lines, smooth finishes and classic cuts while hanging on the edge of 2013. Robin Thicke is the suit and tie kind of guy and has made it cool again to wear a blazer. For the men who could rock the look and want to look sharp at all times, this is the designer for you. While reflecting a nearly vintage look, Andrew’s combinations of subtle designs on the backdrop of muted colors are complimented with pops of eccentricity still coming together for one clean look.
Check out the designer’s latest looks here.
Finally, if the goal is to stand out while on a street corner, then Lie Sang Bong is the designer of choice. Shocking is the only word that best describes these designs. Some may argue the Korean fashion designer’s artistic creations are a bit much for the modern wearer, but it’s still functional. This season’s collection is full of color, natural inspiration, and overall high-end swag.
Check out the designer’s latest collection here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here