*Idris Elba is in talks to join Sean Penn and Javier Bardem in “The Gunman,” an action thriller which was previously titled “Prone Gunman” and is based on the novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette.
In the movie, Penn plays an international operative who is betrayed by the organization he works for, forcing him into a game of cat and mouse across Europe.
Elba will portray a mysterious operative named Dupont.
Pierre Morel is directing the feature, which is being produced by Joel Silver, Andrew Rona and Steve Richards through Silver Pictures.
Pete Travis wrote the screenplay for the project, which is fully financed by Studio Canal; shooting is slated to begin in Barcelona and other European locales later this month. The producers hope to launch a franchise with the movie.
Elba won a Golden Globe for his performance in the hit BBC series “Luther” and will next be seen starring alongside monsters and mechas in “Pacific Rim,” the Guillermo del Toro film that opens July 12.
The actor is also reprising the role of Heimdall in “Thor: The Dark World” and portrays Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here