*Idris Elba is in talks to join Sean Penn and Javier Bardem in “The Gunman,” an action thriller which was previously titled “Prone Gunman” and is based on the novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette.
In the movie, Penn plays an international operative who is betrayed by the organization he works for, forcing him into a game of cat and mouse across Europe.
Elba will portray a mysterious operative named Dupont.
Pierre Morel is directing the feature, which is being produced by Joel Silver, Andrew Rona and Steve Richards through Silver Pictures.
Pete Travis wrote the screenplay for the project, which is fully financed by Studio Canal; shooting is slated to begin in Barcelona and other European locales later this month. The producers hope to launch a franchise with the movie.
Elba won a Golden Globe for his performance in the hit BBC series “Luther” and will next be seen starring alongside monsters and mechas in “Pacific Rim,” the Guillermo del Toro film that opens July 12.
The actor is also reprising the role of Heimdall in “Thor: The Dark World” and portrays Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.”
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here