*Idris Elba is in talks to join Sean Penn and Javier Bardem in “The Gunman,” an action thriller which was previously titled “Prone Gunman” and is based on the novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette.
In the movie, Penn plays an international operative who is betrayed by the organization he works for, forcing him into a game of cat and mouse across Europe.
Elba will portray a mysterious operative named Dupont.
Pierre Morel is directing the feature, which is being produced by Joel Silver, Andrew Rona and Steve Richards through Silver Pictures.
Pete Travis wrote the screenplay for the project, which is fully financed by Studio Canal; shooting is slated to begin in Barcelona and other European locales later this month. The producers hope to launch a franchise with the movie.
Elba won a Golden Globe for his performance in the hit BBC series “Luther” and will next be seen starring alongside monsters and mechas in “Pacific Rim,” the Guillermo del Toro film that opens July 12.
The actor is also reprising the role of Heimdall in “Thor: The Dark World” and portrays Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.”
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here