*Idris Elba is in talks to join Sean Penn and Javier Bardem in “The Gunman,” an action thriller which was previously titled “Prone Gunman” and is based on the novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette.
In the movie, Penn plays an international operative who is betrayed by the organization he works for, forcing him into a game of cat and mouse across Europe.
Elba will portray a mysterious operative named Dupont.
Pierre Morel is directing the feature, which is being produced by Joel Silver, Andrew Rona and Steve Richards through Silver Pictures.
Pete Travis wrote the screenplay for the project, which is fully financed by Studio Canal; shooting is slated to begin in Barcelona and other European locales later this month. The producers hope to launch a franchise with the movie.
Elba won a Golden Globe for his performance in the hit BBC series “Luther” and will next be seen starring alongside monsters and mechas in “Pacific Rim,” the Guillermo del Toro film that opens July 12.
The actor is also reprising the role of Heimdall in “Thor: The Dark World” and portrays Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here