*Idris Elba is in talks to join Sean Penn and Javier Bardem in “The Gunman,” an action thriller which was previously titled “Prone Gunman” and is based on the novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette.
In the movie, Penn plays an international operative who is betrayed by the organization he works for, forcing him into a game of cat and mouse across Europe.
Elba will portray a mysterious operative named Dupont.
Pierre Morel is directing the feature, which is being produced by Joel Silver, Andrew Rona and Steve Richards through Silver Pictures.
Pete Travis wrote the screenplay for the project, which is fully financed by Studio Canal; shooting is slated to begin in Barcelona and other European locales later this month. The producers hope to launch a franchise with the movie.
Elba won a Golden Globe for his performance in the hit BBC series “Luther” and will next be seen starring alongside monsters and mechas in “Pacific Rim,” the Guillermo del Toro film that opens July 12.
The actor is also reprising the role of Heimdall in “Thor: The Dark World” and portrays Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here