*Idris Elba, the star of “Luther” and “The Wire,” has just signed with power talent agency William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) for all areas, reports Deadline.com.
Elba comes to WME with a career on fire. He reprises his role as the existentially tortured British detective John Luther in the final season of BBC America’s “Luther,” which premieres September in the U.S.
He’s also starring in the Guillermo del Toro-directed “Pacific Rim” for Legendary and Warner Bros, which opens July 12. Then, he reprises his role as Heimdall in “Thor 2: The Dark World,” which Marvel and Disney release in November.
He finishes the year playing Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom,” which is released in the heat of Oscar season by The Weinstein Company.
Elba continues to be managed by Nicole Romano and Michael Sugar at Anonymous Content.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here