*Idris Elba, the star of “Luther” and “The Wire,” has just signed with power talent agency William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) for all areas, reports Deadline.com.
Elba comes to WME with a career on fire. He reprises his role as the existentially tortured British detective John Luther in the final season of BBC America’s “Luther,” which premieres September in the U.S.
He’s also starring in the Guillermo del Toro-directed “Pacific Rim” for Legendary and Warner Bros, which opens July 12. Then, he reprises his role as Heimdall in “Thor 2: The Dark World,” which Marvel and Disney release in November.
He finishes the year playing Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom,” which is released in the heat of Oscar season by The Weinstein Company.
Elba continues to be managed by Nicole Romano and Michael Sugar at Anonymous Content.
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here