*Idris Elba, the star of “Luther” and “The Wire,” has just signed with power talent agency William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) for all areas, reports Deadline.com.
Elba comes to WME with a career on fire. He reprises his role as the existentially tortured British detective John Luther in the final season of BBC America’s “Luther,” which premieres September in the U.S.
He’s also starring in the Guillermo del Toro-directed “Pacific Rim” for Legendary and Warner Bros, which opens July 12. Then, he reprises his role as Heimdall in “Thor 2: The Dark World,” which Marvel and Disney release in November.
He finishes the year playing Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom,” which is released in the heat of Oscar season by The Weinstein Company.
Elba continues to be managed by Nicole Romano and Michael Sugar at Anonymous Content.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here