*Idris Elba, the star of “Luther” and “The Wire,” has just signed with power talent agency William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) for all areas, reports Deadline.com.
Elba comes to WME with a career on fire. He reprises his role as the existentially tortured British detective John Luther in the final season of BBC America’s “Luther,” which premieres September in the U.S.
He’s also starring in the Guillermo del Toro-directed “Pacific Rim” for Legendary and Warner Bros, which opens July 12. Then, he reprises his role as Heimdall in “Thor 2: The Dark World,” which Marvel and Disney release in November.
He finishes the year playing Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom,” which is released in the heat of Oscar season by The Weinstein Company.
Elba continues to be managed by Nicole Romano and Michael Sugar at Anonymous Content.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here