*Idris Elba, the star of “Luther” and “The Wire,” has just signed with power talent agency William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) for all areas, reports Deadline.com.
Elba comes to WME with a career on fire. He reprises his role as the existentially tortured British detective John Luther in the final season of BBC America’s “Luther,” which premieres September in the U.S.
He’s also starring in the Guillermo del Toro-directed “Pacific Rim” for Legendary and Warner Bros, which opens July 12. Then, he reprises his role as Heimdall in “Thor 2: The Dark World,” which Marvel and Disney release in November.
He finishes the year playing Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom,” which is released in the heat of Oscar season by The Weinstein Company.
Elba continues to be managed by Nicole Romano and Michael Sugar at Anonymous Content.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here