*Golden Globe winner Idris Elba is one of four producers behind the film “One Square Mile,” to be directed by Michael Caton-Jones (“Shooting Dogs”).
The plot is being kept under wraps but is billed as “four people, four extraordinary stories, all lived out within one square mile.”
The movie is set to shoot at the end of the year in the British capital, reports Deadline.com.
Ros Hubbard (“Dracula”), Laurie Borg (“Great Expectations”) and Leon F. Butler, the writer of the drama, will also produce.
In other Idris news, the British star just wrapped production on “Second Coming,” from first time director Debbie Tucker Green. The plot follows a tight family unit navigating their way through family life as it breaks down in the aftermath of an unexplained pregnancy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here