*Michael Jackson’s family is apparently not happy with the possibility of Paris’ biological mom Debbie Rowe becoming her legal guardian in the wake of her suicide attempt – this according to TMZ.
The website quotes sources connected with the family who say Paris is having trouble connecting with her grandmother and official co-guardian, Katherine Jackson, and that’s one of the reasons she’s established a bond with Debbie over the last few months.
Although Debbie has not made any move to become Paris’ guardian after last week’s suicide attempt, she’s amenable if Paris wants it.
TMZ says sources claim members of the family feel Debbie’s motivation is to put herself in the public eye, as evidenced by her statement to the media after the suicide attempt. As one source said, “If her intentions were pure she’d be speaking to the family.”
TMZ says, “The criticism is puzzling, because Debbie has stayed out of the spotlight for years, and her statement about Paris had nothing to do with guardianship — it was merely confirming TMZ’s story that Paris had attempted suicide. Also interesting … the family is not suggesting Debbie’s motivation is money.”
The judge in the guardianship case is currently reviewing Katherine’s guardianship to determine if she’s able to properly care for Paris and her siblings, Prince Michael and Blanket.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here