*Jay-Z dropped another Samsung promo ad on Thursday.
Titled “Oceans,” after a song on his upcoming “Magna Carta Holy Grail” album featuring Frank Ocean, the commercial gives some insight into Jay-Z’s layered style of songwriting.
In the add, Hov is seen explaining the concept behind the track to Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz, Timbaland and Pharrell Williams.
It’s like me, now, no matter where I go in life, and the things that I accomplish — when you walk in that room, your past still comes in with you. You hear people talking like, “Oh, that guy was the dealer from the projects and doo-doo-doom-doom.” Back again to that duality — it’s a celebration of where we are now, on some big yacht, throwing champagne in the water. But the undertow of the thing is like the same water that brought us here, originally. I slaved, so it has this whole duality. And how we all rewrite history — even the stories that we were told about the history of America… I’m like an anti-Santa Maria, talking about these stories – the only Christopher we acknowledge is Wallace. Silk and fleeces lay on my Jesus, oh my God, I hope y’all don’t get seasick. You know, we’re playing the theme with of being sea sick or seeing things and being jealous of it.
“Magna Carta Holy Grail” will be available 72 hours early for one million Galaxy S III, Galaxy S 4, and Galaxy Note II owners on July 4t through a special app: http://smsng.us/MCHG
Watch the “Oceans” ad below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here