*Jay-Z dropped another Samsung promo ad on Thursday.
Titled “Oceans,” after a song on his upcoming “Magna Carta Holy Grail” album featuring Frank Ocean, the commercial gives some insight into Jay-Z’s layered style of songwriting.
In the add, Hov is seen explaining the concept behind the track to Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz, Timbaland and Pharrell Williams.
It’s like me, now, no matter where I go in life, and the things that I accomplish — when you walk in that room, your past still comes in with you. You hear people talking like, “Oh, that guy was the dealer from the projects and doo-doo-doom-doom.” Back again to that duality — it’s a celebration of where we are now, on some big yacht, throwing champagne in the water. But the undertow of the thing is like the same water that brought us here, originally. I slaved, so it has this whole duality. And how we all rewrite history — even the stories that we were told about the history of America… I’m like an anti-Santa Maria, talking about these stories – the only Christopher we acknowledge is Wallace. Silk and fleeces lay on my Jesus, oh my God, I hope y’all don’t get seasick. You know, we’re playing the theme with of being sea sick or seeing things and being jealous of it.
“Magna Carta Holy Grail” will be available 72 hours early for one million Galaxy S III, Galaxy S 4, and Galaxy Note II owners on July 4t through a special app: http://smsng.us/MCHG
Watch the “Oceans” ad below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here