*During her “Today” show confessional on Wednesday, celebrity chef Paula Deen mentioned that she had spoken with Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Hours later, the civil rights leader spoke shared his thoughts on her racism scandal, saying shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb” over the issue of racial intolerance, and that he’s agreed to help her try to make amends.
Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover. He says if Deen is willing to acknowledge mistakes and make changes, “she should be reclaimed rather than destroyed.”
Jackson says he’s more troubled by racial disparities in jobs, lending, health care, business opportunities and the criminal justice system.
Her admission of using the slur first came in a lawsuit deposition. It later cost her an endorsement deal with Smithfield Foods and Walmart, as well as her job with the Food Network.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here