*During her “Today” show confessional on Wednesday, celebrity chef Paula Deen mentioned that she had spoken with Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Hours later, the civil rights leader spoke shared his thoughts on her racism scandal, saying shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb” over the issue of racial intolerance, and that he’s agreed to help her try to make amends.
Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover. He says if Deen is willing to acknowledge mistakes and make changes, “she should be reclaimed rather than destroyed.”
Jackson says he’s more troubled by racial disparities in jobs, lending, health care, business opportunities and the criminal justice system.
Her admission of using the slur first came in a lawsuit deposition. It later cost her an endorsement deal with Smithfield Foods and Walmart, as well as her job with the Food Network.
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here