*During her “Today” show confessional on Wednesday, celebrity chef Paula Deen mentioned that she had spoken with Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Hours later, the civil rights leader spoke shared his thoughts on her racism scandal, saying shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb” over the issue of racial intolerance, and that he’s agreed to help her try to make amends.
Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover. He says if Deen is willing to acknowledge mistakes and make changes, “she should be reclaimed rather than destroyed.”
Jackson says he’s more troubled by racial disparities in jobs, lending, health care, business opportunities and the criminal justice system.
Her admission of using the slur first came in a lawsuit deposition. It later cost her an endorsement deal with Smithfield Foods and Walmart, as well as her job with the Food Network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here