*During her “Today” show confessional on Wednesday, celebrity chef Paula Deen mentioned that she had spoken with Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Hours later, the civil rights leader spoke shared his thoughts on her racism scandal, saying shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb” over the issue of racial intolerance, and that he’s agreed to help her try to make amends.
Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover. He says if Deen is willing to acknowledge mistakes and make changes, “she should be reclaimed rather than destroyed.”
Jackson says he’s more troubled by racial disparities in jobs, lending, health care, business opportunities and the criminal justice system.
Her admission of using the slur first came in a lawsuit deposition. It later cost her an endorsement deal with Smithfield Foods and Walmart, as well as her job with the Food Network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here