*During her “Today” show confessional on Wednesday, celebrity chef Paula Deen mentioned that she had spoken with Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Hours later, the civil rights leader spoke shared his thoughts on her racism scandal, saying shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb” over the issue of racial intolerance, and that he’s agreed to help her try to make amends.
Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover. He says if Deen is willing to acknowledge mistakes and make changes, “she should be reclaimed rather than destroyed.”
Jackson says he’s more troubled by racial disparities in jobs, lending, health care, business opportunities and the criminal justice system.
Her admission of using the slur first came in a lawsuit deposition. It later cost her an endorsement deal with Smithfield Foods and Walmart, as well as her job with the Food Network.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here