*Showtime has put in development a half-hour comedy project executive produced by singer John Legend and his manager, Atom Factory’s Troy Carter.
The project takes place in the world of high-profile music managers, reports Deadline.com. It will draw on the music business experience of both Legend and Carter, the founder/chairman/CEO of Atom Factory, an entertainment management company where he also manages Lady Gaga.
Legend, Mike Jackson and Ty Stiklorius executive produce through their Get Lifted Film Co for Universal Cable Prods, where it has a pod deal. The pilot will be written by Austin Winsberg (“Gossip Girl”).
Legend has a long-standing relationship with Showtime. Last year, he did a music special which was in series consideration at the pay cable network and performed at Showtime’s pre-Emmy party.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here