*A judge said Tuesday that he will make no changes to the guardianship of Michael Jackson’s three children after receiving an investigator’s report on their well-being and meeting with attorneys for their caretakers.
Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff ordered the inquiry after 15-year-old Paris Jackson was hospitalized on June 5. Authorities reported she took Motrin pills and cut her arm with a kitchen knife.
The judge ordered an investigator to interview Jackson’s children and report back to him. Beckloff also met with attorneys for the children’s guardians, grandmother Katherine Jackson and their adult cousin TJ Jackson.
“I’m taking no further action,” Beckloff told attorneys for Jackson’s estate.
The decision was announced during a hearing at which Howard Weitzman, an attorney for the estate, raised the issue of potential harm to the singer’s daughter that might come with unsealing “salacious details” of a choreographer’s recent molestation allegations against the pop superstar.
Beckloff told attorneys he will consider which portions of Wade Robson’s complaint to unseal and inform attorneys of his decision. Robson claims the acts occurred when he was a child. Another hearing will be held to determine if Robson can pursue that allegation.
Perry Sanders Jr., an attorney for Katherine Jackson, has said Paris Jackson is physically fine and receiving proper medical attention. He has not provided further updates on her condition.
“In light of all current circumstances and the special investigator’s report, we agreed with the judge that appropriate decisions are being made regarding care of all three children, and no further action is required,” Sanders wrote in a statement Tuesday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here