*Kanye West ended a very muddy three days of music at the Governors Ball on New York’s Randall’s Island, playing never-before-heard songs in front of — and sometimes in the middle off – a hyped crowd on Sunday.
At one point, he told the audience: “This is usually the part of the show where I start complaining about s**t,” referencing his infamous rants that usually accompany his live shows. “I’m just happy to be making music and be able to perform that s**t tonight. Y’know, with this album we ain’t dropped no single to radio, we ain’t got no big campaign s**t. We ain’t even got no cover, we just made some real music.”
“But honestly,” he continued, according to The NME, “…when I listen to the radio, that ain’t where I wanna be no more,” he said. “At this point I don’t give a f*ck about selling a million records, I just want to put out an album this that you can rock to this summer.”
West kicked off his set with the song “Black Skinhead,” with flashing visuals in the background, including the words “not for sale.” He later performed “New Slaves” and the dark vibe of his songs was matched by his stage lighting and style. Both tracks will appear on “Yeezus,” his sixth album, which comes out June 18.
During the set, West debuted “I Am God,” “On Site” and “Clique;” and performed old faves “Stronger,” ”Good Life,” ”Jesus Walks” and “All Falls Down.”
The rapper, who celebrated his 36th birthday on Saturday (June 8), had to spend the special day apart from his pregnant girlfreind Kim Kardashian, as she was reportedly too pregnant to fly out and meet him. Instead, he celebrated in New York with Jay Z, Beyonce and Nas.
Guns N’ Roses headlined the Governors Ball on Saturday. Kings of Leon was to headline Friday but pushed their performance to Saturday because of the bad weather. The Lumineers, the xx, Gary Clark Jr. and the Avett Brothers also performed Sunday.
Watch clips from Kanye’s performance below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addiction Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here