*Kanye West gave a rare interview to the New York Times in which he talks about a variety of topics to promote his new album “Yeezus,” due June 18.
In the article, titled “Behind Kanye’s Mask,” he opens up on parenthood (he would “do anything to protect my child or my child’s mother),” he disses the Grammys, and he defines himself as “a black new wave artist.”
He also says he has no regrets – not even for the Taylor Swift “interruption” at the MTV Video Music Awards; though he does admit he has “faltered.” There’s an acknowledgement, “I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure.”
Early on in the article, West recalls his youthful hoops days. And how his failure to make a team spurred him on to bigger stages. He used a basketball metaphor later in the article. “You know,” he says, “if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, ‘This is wrong’.”
Daft Punk are tipped to appear on “Yeezus,” alongside Chief Keef and Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon. The album’s first public spin happened Monday night at New York’s Milk Studios.
In the NY Times feature, West gives his own verdict on his sixth album. “There’s no opera sounds on this new album, you know what I mean? It’s just like, super low-bit. I’m still, like, slightly a snob, but I completely removed my snob heaven songs; I just removed them altogether.”
West presents himself as an artist who clearly feels unbeatable. And he makes everyone acutely aware of this. “I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here