To help promote it West has released a video short inspired by the movie “American Psycho.”
“American Psycho” is based of a book by Bret Easton Ellis. The film depicted a story of Patrick Bateman, a music obsessed investment banker, who was both shallow and narcissistic which allowed him to transcend into a thrill-seeking serial killer.
Kanye’s promo clip stars Scott Disick, Kourtney Kardashian’s boyfriend and Jonathan Cheban, a close friend of Kim Kardashian.
The video is inspired by a darkly comedic scene from “American Psycho.”
The promo’s character “Lord Disick” does a Patrick Bateman impression while delivering an unsolicited review of Kanye’s album “Yeezus.” He goes on to praise the brilliance of Ye’s body of work on the album, before acting out a scene the “American Psycho” and chopping down Cheban with an axe.
In true Kanye fashion, a teaser for the video was released this past weekend during another one of his unique listening parties. The video was projected onto building for fans to watch.
With a title such a “Yeezus” one could only expect promo like this new video short as the entire album is unorthodox. With no official single on the radio right now, the closest thing to a single has been his release of “New Slaves.” That song was the first of his series of video projections onto public buildings.
Kanye’s album has received great reviews thus far but now we can only watch and see what the results are of what he described as an “Anti-Marketing Campaign.”
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here