*Step aside Eddie Murphy, there’s a new designated black comedian in Tinseltown—and his name is Kevin Hart.
Seemingly overnight, the Philadelphia native, and master purveyor of slapstick humor, has become one of Hollywood’s hottest entrees.
Next up for Hart is a new untitled comedy written by Jeremy Garelick and Jay Lavander, co-creators of “The Break-Up,” which stars Jennifer Anniston and fellow funnyman Vince Vaughn.
In this movie, Hart’s character, Jimmy, provides best man services for grooms who don’t have best friends.
In the comedy, as described by Deadline, “Hart plays a charismatic guy who provides best man services for socially challenged guys, who can’t get somebody to agree to stand by them on the day of their wedding. Gad plays a groom-to-be who finds himself in just such a situation, but, to make matters worse, he fabricates the names of not only a best man but nine groomsmen as well. When all else fails, Doug seeks out Jimmy’s services to carry out a charade designed to make Doug look his best but threatens to destroy everything if it fails.”
Miramax’s Adam Fields and Will Packer are producing the film. Clint Culpepper, president of Screen Gems, will oversee the project for the company.
No word yet on a release date.
Hart reached movie-star status with his role in the Steve Harvey inspired film, “Think like a Man.” He will next be seen in the concert film, “Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain,” and production is already underway for “Think Like a Man Too.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here