*Step aside Eddie Murphy, there’s a new designated black comedian in Tinseltown—and his name is Kevin Hart.
Seemingly overnight, the Philadelphia native, and master purveyor of slapstick humor, has become one of Hollywood’s hottest entrees.
Next up for Hart is a new untitled comedy written by Jeremy Garelick and Jay Lavander, co-creators of “The Break-Up,” which stars Jennifer Anniston and fellow funnyman Vince Vaughn.
In this movie, Hart’s character, Jimmy, provides best man services for grooms who don’t have best friends.
In the comedy, as described by Deadline, “Hart plays a charismatic guy who provides best man services for socially challenged guys, who can’t get somebody to agree to stand by them on the day of their wedding. Gad plays a groom-to-be who finds himself in just such a situation, but, to make matters worse, he fabricates the names of not only a best man but nine groomsmen as well. When all else fails, Doug seeks out Jimmy’s services to carry out a charade designed to make Doug look his best but threatens to destroy everything if it fails.”
Miramax’s Adam Fields and Will Packer are producing the film. Clint Culpepper, president of Screen Gems, will oversee the project for the company.
No word yet on a release date.
Hart reached movie-star status with his role in the Steve Harvey inspired film, “Think like a Man.” He will next be seen in the concert film, “Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain,” and production is already underway for “Think Like a Man Too.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here