*Kid Cudi has designed a new label for German beer company Beck that will appear on the product’s 12-ounce bottles throughout the summer.
The Grammy winner, real name Scott Mescudi, says, “I haven’t really done any design work outside of my albums (covers), so I took this opportunity to kind of tap into my creative side and do something cool, you know, that was another expression of me.”
His artwork features a simplified image of the solar system and Mescudi admits the project helped him get back in touch with his artistic side.
He adds, “I definitely want to get more into painting. That wasn’t my medium when I was coming up; I mostly airbrushed and used chalk pastels and sketched. I think the first couple dozen paintings I do are going to suck, so y’all will have to give me some time.”
The 29-year-old joins a long list of celebrities who have created labels for the firm over the past 25 years, including rapper M.I.A. and Yoko Ono.
Watch a promo of Beck’s 2013 Artist Labels below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here