*Kid Cudi has designed a new label for German beer company Beck that will appear on the product’s 12-ounce bottles throughout the summer.
The Grammy winner, real name Scott Mescudi, says, “I haven’t really done any design work outside of my albums (covers), so I took this opportunity to kind of tap into my creative side and do something cool, you know, that was another expression of me.”
His artwork features a simplified image of the solar system and Mescudi admits the project helped him get back in touch with his artistic side.
He adds, “I definitely want to get more into painting. That wasn’t my medium when I was coming up; I mostly airbrushed and used chalk pastels and sketched. I think the first couple dozen paintings I do are going to suck, so y’all will have to give me some time.”
The 29-year-old joins a long list of celebrities who have created labels for the firm over the past 25 years, including rapper M.I.A. and Yoko Ono.
Watch a promo of Beck’s 2013 Artist Labels below.
- A Blunted Snoop Doog Blasts Tom Brady NFL Victory: BULLSH*T! (Watch)
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here