*Kid Cudi has designed a new label for German beer company Beck that will appear on the product’s 12-ounce bottles throughout the summer.
The Grammy winner, real name Scott Mescudi, says, “I haven’t really done any design work outside of my albums (covers), so I took this opportunity to kind of tap into my creative side and do something cool, you know, that was another expression of me.”
His artwork features a simplified image of the solar system and Mescudi admits the project helped him get back in touch with his artistic side.
He adds, “I definitely want to get more into painting. That wasn’t my medium when I was coming up; I mostly airbrushed and used chalk pastels and sketched. I think the first couple dozen paintings I do are going to suck, so y’all will have to give me some time.”
The 29-year-old joins a long list of celebrities who have created labels for the firm over the past 25 years, including rapper M.I.A. and Yoko Ono.
Watch a promo of Beck’s 2013 Artist Labels below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here