*Kid Cudi has designed a new label for German beer company Beck that will appear on the product’s 12-ounce bottles throughout the summer.
The Grammy winner, real name Scott Mescudi, says, “I haven’t really done any design work outside of my albums (covers), so I took this opportunity to kind of tap into my creative side and do something cool, you know, that was another expression of me.”
His artwork features a simplified image of the solar system and Mescudi admits the project helped him get back in touch with his artistic side.
He adds, “I definitely want to get more into painting. That wasn’t my medium when I was coming up; I mostly airbrushed and used chalk pastels and sketched. I think the first couple dozen paintings I do are going to suck, so y’all will have to give me some time.”
The 29-year-old joins a long list of celebrities who have created labels for the firm over the past 25 years, including rapper M.I.A. and Yoko Ono.
Watch a promo of Beck’s 2013 Artist Labels below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here