*It seems redundant that Kirk Franklin would be offered another hosting job for another gospel reality show. Then again, there’s a church on almost every corner in the hood.
That means a lot of gospel choirs, and even more gospel singers and fans. So maybe another show couldn’t hurt.
Black Entertainment Television (BET) has announced that Franklin will host a new series called “Gone Gospel,” a one-hour music competition reality series that chronicles the journey of popular musical artists of yesteryear in a gospel boot camp.
“Gone Gospel” will showcase the artists working towards a second chance at stardom by transforming their lives and working on their own inspirational anthem.
The “Smile” singer will host the series and the competing artists will be mentored by a who’s who of gospel greats.
At the end of the series, one artist will be crowned the winner.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here