*It seems redundant that Kirk Franklin would be offered another hosting job for another gospel reality show. Then again, there’s a church on almost every corner in the hood.
That means a lot of gospel choirs, and even more gospel singers and fans. So maybe another show couldn’t hurt.
Black Entertainment Television (BET) has announced that Franklin will host a new series called “Gone Gospel,” a one-hour music competition reality series that chronicles the journey of popular musical artists of yesteryear in a gospel boot camp.
“Gone Gospel” will showcase the artists working towards a second chance at stardom by transforming their lives and working on their own inspirational anthem.
The “Smile” singer will host the series and the competing artists will be mentored by a who’s who of gospel greats.
At the end of the series, one artist will be crowned the winner.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here