*It seems redundant that Kirk Franklin would be offered another hosting job for another gospel reality show. Then again, there’s a church on almost every corner in the hood.
That means a lot of gospel choirs, and even more gospel singers and fans. So maybe another show couldn’t hurt.
Black Entertainment Television (BET) has announced that Franklin will host a new series called “Gone Gospel,” a one-hour music competition reality series that chronicles the journey of popular musical artists of yesteryear in a gospel boot camp.
“Gone Gospel” will showcase the artists working towards a second chance at stardom by transforming their lives and working on their own inspirational anthem.
The “Smile” singer will host the series and the competing artists will be mentored by a who’s who of gospel greats.
At the end of the series, one artist will be crowned the winner.
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here