*Gospel giant Kirk Franklin recently opened up about his decision to pay for an abortion at the tender age of 15.
Franklin did an interview with Sway in the Morning on Sirius/XM Channel 45. He touched on a host of topics, including how he was raised and how it all played a part in making him the man that he is today.
“I was adopted by a 64-year-old lady and we were raised in really difficult times. You know, standing in line to get the block cheese, getting the tough jeans. I had a sister that had a real bad drug problem. [She] spent over a decade in prison— prostitution. So, we lived that life and it was a difficult life. I was 15 when my dude got killed and when he got killed is when I got closer to faith. That’s when I really just developed my own relationship with the Lord.”
Franklin also admitted that he went half on a baby with a girl at 15. He also admitted paying for the girl’s abortion.
Franklin even dished on a few troubling family issues he experienced as a youth.
“There was incest in our family, as a kid. There was some abuse, I was a little boy. My little sister— there was some rape. There were some ugly images that we got introduced to as kids at about the age of 8. So from about the age of 8 to about 29, I struggled with that [pornography]. Not only pornography, but I was very promiscuous.”
Kirk says that part of the reason he struggled as a young man was because he was out in the world seeking the love that he never received from his mother. His being orphaned as a child made him feel that his mother never wanted him.
Nowadays, Franklin is one of the leading gospel artists in the world, selling millions of albums and touring all over the globe. He’s loved by his fans and doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here