*Gospel giant Kirk Franklin recently opened up about his decision to pay for an abortion at the tender age of 15.
Franklin did an interview with Sway in the Morning on Sirius/XM Channel 45. He touched on a host of topics, including how he was raised and how it all played a part in making him the man that he is today.
“I was adopted by a 64-year-old lady and we were raised in really difficult times. You know, standing in line to get the block cheese, getting the tough jeans. I had a sister that had a real bad drug problem. [She] spent over a decade in prison— prostitution. So, we lived that life and it was a difficult life. I was 15 when my dude got killed and when he got killed is when I got closer to faith. That’s when I really just developed my own relationship with the Lord.”
Franklin also admitted that he went half on a baby with a girl at 15. He also admitted paying for the girl’s abortion.
Franklin even dished on a few troubling family issues he experienced as a youth.
“There was incest in our family, as a kid. There was some abuse, I was a little boy. My little sister— there was some rape. There were some ugly images that we got introduced to as kids at about the age of 8. So from about the age of 8 to about 29, I struggled with that [pornography]. Not only pornography, but I was very promiscuous.”
Kirk says that part of the reason he struggled as a young man was because he was out in the world seeking the love that he never received from his mother. His being orphaned as a child made him feel that his mother never wanted him.
Nowadays, Franklin is one of the leading gospel artists in the world, selling millions of albums and touring all over the globe. He’s loved by his fans and doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here