*Dang, it looks like Kobe Bryant reached a settlement with his parents and Goldin Auctions regarding the selling of his memorabilia.
The settlement came with less than a week before Bryant and the auction house were supposed to go to trial, according to an ESPN report.
But it looks like Ma and Pa Bryant will get some merchandise to sell. Basically, less than 10 percent of the items that were initially intended for sale will ultimately be put up for auction. On top of that, Bryant’s parents issued an apology over the entire situation.
“We regret our actions and statements related to the Kobe Bryant auction memorabilia,” said Joe and Pamela Bryant in the statement, provided by a publicist. “We apologize for any misunderstanding and unintended pain we have caused our son and appreciate the financial support he has provided over the years. We also apologize to Goldin Auctions for their inadvertent involvement in this matter and thank them for their assistance.”
Even though much of the memorabilia that was set to be auctioned has been pulled, Bryant’s parents and Goldin Auctions still figure to make out OK at the end of the day.
Among the items reportedly up for bid are two of Kobe’s high school uniforms and two 2000 Lakers championship rings that were gifted to Bryant’s parents. Kobe’s 2000 NBA All-Star ring is also up for auction, but half of the proceeds will go to charity.
Now that Bryant has put this squabble behind him, he can focus on more important matters, such as rehabbing his torn Achilles’ tendon. Kobe suffered the injury in the Lakers’ third-to-last game of the regular season, so he has a long road back to full health.
For more of this story, go to ESPN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here