*Dang, it looks like Kobe Bryant reached a settlement with his parents and Goldin Auctions regarding the selling of his memorabilia.
The settlement came with less than a week before Bryant and the auction house were supposed to go to trial, according to an ESPN report.
But it looks like Ma and Pa Bryant will get some merchandise to sell. Basically, less than 10 percent of the items that were initially intended for sale will ultimately be put up for auction. On top of that, Bryant’s parents issued an apology over the entire situation.
“We regret our actions and statements related to the Kobe Bryant auction memorabilia,” said Joe and Pamela Bryant in the statement, provided by a publicist. “We apologize for any misunderstanding and unintended pain we have caused our son and appreciate the financial support he has provided over the years. We also apologize to Goldin Auctions for their inadvertent involvement in this matter and thank them for their assistance.”
Even though much of the memorabilia that was set to be auctioned has been pulled, Bryant’s parents and Goldin Auctions still figure to make out OK at the end of the day.
Among the items reportedly up for bid are two of Kobe’s high school uniforms and two 2000 Lakers championship rings that were gifted to Bryant’s parents. Kobe’s 2000 NBA All-Star ring is also up for auction, but half of the proceeds will go to charity.
Now that Bryant has put this squabble behind him, he can focus on more important matters, such as rehabbing his torn Achilles’ tendon. Kobe suffered the injury in the Lakers’ third-to-last game of the regular season, so he has a long road back to full health.
For more of this story, go to ESPN.
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here