What better way to that than making one of the icon figures in the storied series a person of color. That would Daily Planet editor Perry White. Who’s played by a black man and that would be Lawrence Fishburne.
It would probably come as no surprise to learn that Fishburne’s casting drew criticism from some, but on the other hand, it drew praise as well.
By the way, may be wondering who, if anyone the veteran actor used to model his character after. Here’s what he told ComicBook.com on the red carpet for the film’s premiere in NYC:
“Essentially, I used my model, my inspiration really is the late Ed Bradley, who was a CBS correspondent on 60 Minutes for many years.”
Fishburne continued: “Legendary Ed Bradley, who was a friend, a mentor, and a role model for me. Particularly because he worked in journalism, and he was the kind of guy who walked with kings, but he had the common touch. And so he was my inspiration for Perry.”
Meanwhile you might wonder what his thoughts are on the the so called “Man of Steel’ himself. Check out what he has to say in the video below:
“Man of Steel” opens this weekend
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here