What better way to that than making one of the icon figures in the storied series a person of color. That would Daily Planet editor Perry White. Who’s played by a black man and that would be Lawrence Fishburne.
It would probably come as no surprise to learn that Fishburne’s casting drew criticism from some, but on the other hand, it drew praise as well.
By the way, may be wondering who, if anyone the veteran actor used to model his character after. Here’s what he told ComicBook.com on the red carpet for the film’s premiere in NYC:
“Essentially, I used my model, my inspiration really is the late Ed Bradley, who was a CBS correspondent on 60 Minutes for many years.”
Fishburne continued: “Legendary Ed Bradley, who was a friend, a mentor, and a role model for me. Particularly because he worked in journalism, and he was the kind of guy who walked with kings, but he had the common touch. And so he was my inspiration for Perry.”
Meanwhile you might wonder what his thoughts are on the the so called “Man of Steel’ himself. Check out what he has to say in the video below:
“Man of Steel” opens this weekend
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here