What better way to that than making one of the icon figures in the storied series a person of color. That would Daily Planet editor Perry White. Who’s played by a black man and that would be Lawrence Fishburne.
It would probably come as no surprise to learn that Fishburne’s casting drew criticism from some, but on the other hand, it drew praise as well.
By the way, may be wondering who, if anyone the veteran actor used to model his character after. Here’s what he told ComicBook.com on the red carpet for the film’s premiere in NYC:
“Essentially, I used my model, my inspiration really is the late Ed Bradley, who was a CBS correspondent on 60 Minutes for many years.”
Fishburne continued: “Legendary Ed Bradley, who was a friend, a mentor, and a role model for me. Particularly because he worked in journalism, and he was the kind of guy who walked with kings, but he had the common touch. And so he was my inspiration for Perry.”
Meanwhile you might wonder what his thoughts are on the the so called “Man of Steel’ himself. Check out what he has to say in the video below:
“Man of Steel” opens this weekend
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here