*Picture, if you will, Mariah Carey as a slave. A field slave named Hattie Pearl at that.
Actually you don’t have to wrap your brain around that thought at all ’cause the photo above is all you need to reference.
But really, what are we talking about? Once again, Carey is hooking up with Director Lee Daniels “The Butler,” for a part that, at first glance, makes one go, “huh?”
But then again if you’ve followed her film career, Carey, a high maintenance glamor queen in real life, seems to go for gritty, down to earth characters on film. And when you work for Daniels that’s pretty much what you’re going to play.
As we’ve reported, “The Butler” tells the story Eugene Allen, a longtime White House service worker starring Forest Whitaker
In addition to Whitaker playing the lead role, the highly anticipated production’s cast also includes high profile names like Oprah Winfrey, Jane Fonda, John Cusack, Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr., Alan Rickman and Terrence Howard, among others.
Daniels has cast music stars in his other films. If you recall, “Precious” featured both Lenny Kravitz and Carey in supporting roles, which were the complete opposite of their off-screen personas.
Carey is teaming up with Daniels again for The Butler, in a part that is against type to say the least.
As you can see from the photo above, which recently surfaced, Mariah Carey plays what appears to be the role of a slave named Hattie Pearl in the film.
According to IMDB, “The Butler” is scheduled to be released on August 16, 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here