According to accounts on the Facebook and Twitter pages of various Adkins family members, Mr. Atkins, a church Elder is no longer with us.
News reports say he died after a long battle with cancer.
Elder Adkins made several appearances on the We TV docuseries “Mary Mary” and was clearly a loving patriarch.
Erica and Tina told me in an NPR interview that their father’s role as a street preacher during their younger years laid the foundation for their far-reaching style.
We will share more details as they become available.
Mary Mary acknowledged their father’s passing in the following tweets:
‘Our hearts are heavy but we can rejoice knowing our father knew we Loved him RIP Elder Eddie A Atkins Jr. Rest in the arms of Jesus, Daddy”
“Thanks 4 all the kind words & prayers sent today. Our Dad was a great man, but he’s with Jesus now he taught us how to pray & trust God”
This story is developing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here