According to accounts on the Facebook and Twitter pages of various Adkins family members, Mr. Atkins, a church Elder is no longer with us.
News reports say he died after a long battle with cancer.
Elder Adkins made several appearances on the We TV docuseries “Mary Mary” and was clearly a loving patriarch.
Erica and Tina told me in an NPR interview that their father’s role as a street preacher during their younger years laid the foundation for their far-reaching style.
We will share more details as they become available.
Mary Mary acknowledged their father’s passing in the following tweets:
‘Our hearts are heavy but we can rejoice knowing our father knew we Loved him RIP Elder Eddie A Atkins Jr. Rest in the arms of Jesus, Daddy”
“Thanks 4 all the kind words & prayers sent today. Our Dad was a great man, but he’s with Jesus now he taught us how to pray & trust God”
This story is developing.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here