*Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment have filed a libel and slander civil action suit against The Sun, a publication of the NI Group Ltd., which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s NewsCorp.
Knowles claims that the British paper “knowingly and maliciously misrepresented his relationship with his daughter, Beyoncé, and with his granddaughter in an article from an interview conducted between Knowles and a reporter.”
On March 24, 2013, The Sun released an article claiming the following assertions and supposed statements were made by Mr. Knowles:
• I always did my best for Beyoncé … fans can decide if she’s better off now with Jay-Z
• Former manager talks about family rift for first time
• Mathew Knowles has reportedly not yet met Blue Ivy
• Split … Mathew says Beyoncé has cut him out of her life
In response to the article, Knowles (President and CEO of Music World Entertainment) states: “My daughters and my family mean the world to me. The barrage of repeated falsehoods spawned by the British Sun’s defamatory article has been exhausting and personally damaging to me. No matter how many papers it sells or web hits it generates, The Sun, like any newspaper, needs to maintain a basic level of journalistic integrity. The Sun crossed the line when it went after my family. The Sun needs to be held responsible for its lies in a court of law. This happens too often to too many people, and it is simply unfair.”
Knowles’ Houston based Attorney Mark Maney, Esq. maintains that, “Murdoch’s Sun simply supplied its own fabricated story that would sell more papers and advertising than would the truth. The Sun’s story was not based on the interview. It was made up. With no consideration for the results of its actions, The Sun published malicious and false statements that The Sun knew to be false. Other facts were simply fabricated without regard for the truth.”
The lawsuit seeks monetary damages against Rupert Murdoch and The Sun for defamation and breach of contract.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here