*Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment have filed a libel and slander civil action suit against The Sun, a publication of the NI Group Ltd., which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s NewsCorp.
Knowles claims that the British paper “knowingly and maliciously misrepresented his relationship with his daughter, Beyoncé, and with his granddaughter in an article from an interview conducted between Knowles and a reporter.”
On March 24, 2013, The Sun released an article claiming the following assertions and supposed statements were made by Mr. Knowles:
• I always did my best for Beyoncé … fans can decide if she’s better off now with Jay-Z
• Former manager talks about family rift for first time
• Mathew Knowles has reportedly not yet met Blue Ivy
• Split … Mathew says Beyoncé has cut him out of her life
In response to the article, Knowles (President and CEO of Music World Entertainment) states: “My daughters and my family mean the world to me. The barrage of repeated falsehoods spawned by the British Sun’s defamatory article has been exhausting and personally damaging to me. No matter how many papers it sells or web hits it generates, The Sun, like any newspaper, needs to maintain a basic level of journalistic integrity. The Sun crossed the line when it went after my family. The Sun needs to be held responsible for its lies in a court of law. This happens too often to too many people, and it is simply unfair.”
Knowles’ Houston based Attorney Mark Maney, Esq. maintains that, “Murdoch’s Sun simply supplied its own fabricated story that would sell more papers and advertising than would the truth. The Sun’s story was not based on the interview. It was made up. With no consideration for the results of its actions, The Sun published malicious and false statements that The Sun knew to be false. Other facts were simply fabricated without regard for the truth.”
The lawsuit seeks monetary damages against Rupert Murdoch and The Sun for defamation and breach of contract.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here