*May the force be with “Star Wars” creator George Lucas and Mellody Hobson.
The longtime couple were married on Saturday at the filmmaker’s Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, Calif, his rep confirmed to People.
Samuel L. Jackson who played Jedi Mace Windu in the Star Wars prequels, was excited about the nuptials. “Let’s give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!!” he tweeted. “Congrats!!!!!!”
Ron Howard was also happy for the newlyweds, tweeting, “George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas”
Hobson, 44, explained to Oprah Winfrey last year what makes her relationship with Lucas, 69, a success. “I think it works because we are extraordinarily open-minded people and we’re open to what the universe brings us,” she said. “I think we didn’t have preconceived ideas about what a partnership should be and so we allowed ourselves to discover something that was unexpected.”
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here