*May the force be with “Star Wars” creator George Lucas and Mellody Hobson.
The longtime couple were married on Saturday at the filmmaker’s Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, Calif, his rep confirmed to People.
Samuel L. Jackson who played Jedi Mace Windu in the Star Wars prequels, was excited about the nuptials. “Let’s give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!!” he tweeted. “Congrats!!!!!!”
Ron Howard was also happy for the newlyweds, tweeting, “George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas”
Hobson, 44, explained to Oprah Winfrey last year what makes her relationship with Lucas, 69, a success. “I think it works because we are extraordinarily open-minded people and we’re open to what the universe brings us,” she said. “I think we didn’t have preconceived ideas about what a partnership should be and so we allowed ourselves to discover something that was unexpected.”
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here