*May the force be with “Star Wars” creator George Lucas and Mellody Hobson.
The longtime couple were married on Saturday at the filmmaker’s Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, Calif, his rep confirmed to People.
Samuel L. Jackson who played Jedi Mace Windu in the Star Wars prequels, was excited about the nuptials. “Let’s give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!!” he tweeted. “Congrats!!!!!!”
Ron Howard was also happy for the newlyweds, tweeting, “George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas”
Hobson, 44, explained to Oprah Winfrey last year what makes her relationship with Lucas, 69, a success. “I think it works because we are extraordinarily open-minded people and we’re open to what the universe brings us,” she said. “I think we didn’t have preconceived ideas about what a partnership should be and so we allowed ourselves to discover something that was unexpected.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here