*May the force be with “Star Wars” creator George Lucas and Mellody Hobson.
The longtime couple were married on Saturday at the filmmaker’s Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, Calif, his rep confirmed to People.
Samuel L. Jackson who played Jedi Mace Windu in the Star Wars prequels, was excited about the nuptials. “Let’s give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!!” he tweeted. “Congrats!!!!!!”
Ron Howard was also happy for the newlyweds, tweeting, “George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas”
Hobson, 44, explained to Oprah Winfrey last year what makes her relationship with Lucas, 69, a success. “I think it works because we are extraordinarily open-minded people and we’re open to what the universe brings us,” she said. “I think we didn’t have preconceived ideas about what a partnership should be and so we allowed ourselves to discover something that was unexpected.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here