*The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, has joined Instagram – just in time to share pics and a video of her family trip to Africa.
Her first image, published today, was the above photo of herself with Malia, her eldest daughter, surrounded by a group of students at a middle school in Dakar. The caption read, “My first instagram! So inspired and so impressed by these extraordinary young women (in Africa).”
FLOTUS is accompanying the President on an official tour of Senegal, Tanzania, and South Africa. In all, she posted five photos on her first day as an Instagram user.
The below photo shows Obama speaking to the classroom of young women, with this caption: “You all are role models for my daughters, which is why I brought them here today – so that they could be inspired by you just like I am. – First Lady Michelle Obama at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica.”
The below pic, from a stop in Senegal, showed the first lady, donning a loose top and flood pants, next to two women wearing long dresses and head wraps. “Meeting local artists on Goree Island. #FLOTUSinAfrica” was posted as a caption next to the photo.
The first lady also shared a photograph of the The Door of No Return on Goree Island.
Mrs. Obama racked up more than 27,000 followers less than a day after joining the site.
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here