*The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, has joined Instagram – just in time to share pics and a video of her family trip to Africa.
Her first image, published today, was the above photo of herself with Malia, her eldest daughter, surrounded by a group of students at a middle school in Dakar. The caption read, “My first instagram! So inspired and so impressed by these extraordinary young women (in Africa).”
FLOTUS is accompanying the President on an official tour of Senegal, Tanzania, and South Africa. In all, she posted five photos on her first day as an Instagram user.
The below photo shows Obama speaking to the classroom of young women, with this caption: “You all are role models for my daughters, which is why I brought them here today – so that they could be inspired by you just like I am. – First Lady Michelle Obama at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica.”
The below pic, from a stop in Senegal, showed the first lady, donning a loose top and flood pants, next to two women wearing long dresses and head wraps. “Meeting local artists on Goree Island. #FLOTUSinAfrica” was posted as a caption next to the photo.
The first lady also shared a photograph of the The Door of No Return on Goree Island.
Mrs. Obama racked up more than 27,000 followers less than a day after joining the site.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here