*NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution’s “Steve Harvey” has solidified its status as the breakout new syndicated talk show of 2012-13, reports Deadline.com.
On the heels of the Endemol USA-produced talker getting an early renewal for next season by stations — including the core NBC Stations group, in January – the show now has been picked up for two additional seasons, through 2016, in more than 65% of the U.S.
“Steve Harvey’s engaging, funny and warm style has been a hit with our audiences,” said Valari Staab, President, NBC Owned TV Stations. “The show has strengthened our daytime lineups and proven to be a strong lead-in to ‘Ellen’ and, in turn, our local newscasts.”
Steve Harvey got off to a solid start last fall and by the May sweep, it was the #1 new first-run show with women 18-49 and women 25-54 nationally, topping fellow rookie “Katie,” and was the only new show to build over its lead-in and improve the year-ago time period.
Across the metered markets in May, “Steve Harvey” was up over its lead-in by +24% in households, and +25% with women 25-54. Compared to the May 2012 time period average, “Steve Harvey” showed +44% increases in households and was up +42% with women 25-54. It also gave a ratings boost to veteran “Ellen.”
Additionally, Harvey received a 2013 People’s Choice Award as Favorite New Daytime Show Host.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here