*NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution’s “Steve Harvey” has solidified its status as the breakout new syndicated talk show of 2012-13, reports Deadline.com.
On the heels of the Endemol USA-produced talker getting an early renewal for next season by stations — including the core NBC Stations group, in January – the show now has been picked up for two additional seasons, through 2016, in more than 65% of the U.S.
“Steve Harvey’s engaging, funny and warm style has been a hit with our audiences,” said Valari Staab, President, NBC Owned TV Stations. “The show has strengthened our daytime lineups and proven to be a strong lead-in to ‘Ellen’ and, in turn, our local newscasts.”
Steve Harvey got off to a solid start last fall and by the May sweep, it was the #1 new first-run show with women 18-49 and women 25-54 nationally, topping fellow rookie “Katie,” and was the only new show to build over its lead-in and improve the year-ago time period.
Across the metered markets in May, “Steve Harvey” was up over its lead-in by +24% in households, and +25% with women 25-54. Compared to the May 2012 time period average, “Steve Harvey” showed +44% increases in households and was up +42% with women 25-54. It also gave a ratings boost to veteran “Ellen.”
Additionally, Harvey received a 2013 People’s Choice Award as Favorite New Daytime Show Host.
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here