*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here