*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here