*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here