*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here