*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here