*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here