*It was “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes during Sunday’s nationally-televised Miss USA pageant who asked Miss Utah the question that landed her in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons.
Utah’s Marissa Powell, 20, was asked by Leakes, 45, what it says about society that women continue to earn less than men even though they are the primary earners in 40 percent of American families with children.
Her rambling “create more education” response will pass, believes Leakes, who acknowledges to People.com in a statement, “We all make mistakes that often result in a miscommunication.”
Adds the reality star: “Unfortunately, Miss Utah’s error was very public. I’m confident she will use this experience and learn from it. Hopefully with all the attention she’s getting … she can turn this negative into a positive.”
Watch Miss Utah’s answer below.
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here