*It seems Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew won’t be charged with battery for allegedly clocking a security guard in a bar fight in Florida last month.
The State Attorney’s Office in Florida announced say they do not think they have enough evidence to prove the Jones-Drew committed a crime during the May 26 incident at the Conch House in St. Augustine, FL.
“Based on the evidence, the evidence does not support the charge,” a rep for the SA tells TMZ.
As we reported, a security guard told police Jones-Drew sucker-punched him during a melee which caused serious damage to his face.
Even though the alleged incident was captured on tape, prosecutors don’t feel the footage proved Maurice Jones-Drew’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
No word if the security guard plans to go after the NFL star in civil court.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here