*Jay-Z is looking to add to the buzz surrounding his forthcoming album “Magna Carta Holy Grail” by throwing a free concert in New York City.
Since 2010 Jay-Z has been looking to have a free concert on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman.” His idea was not exactly embraced by city officials who were concerned about the uproar of traffic and danger to public safety the concert may have caused. But it seems patience is truly a virtue. Now, two years later, Mayor Bloomberg has granted permission for Jay-Z to have the event.
On Monday, July 8 the free concert will be held on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman” while also airing on the show. City officials will shut down the surrounding area of the theater during the concert.
Jay-Z has set the standard on album releases with his new album set to release on July 4th via a new app from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. As we reported, Samsung purchased one million copies of Jay-Z’s album for $5 each and will release them exclusively to Galaxy Users.
Check out one of Jay-Z’s promos for “Magna Carta Holy Grail”:
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here