*Jay-Z is looking to add to the buzz surrounding his forthcoming album “Magna Carta Holy Grail” by throwing a free concert in New York City.
Since 2010 Jay-Z has been looking to have a free concert on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman.” His idea was not exactly embraced by city officials who were concerned about the uproar of traffic and danger to public safety the concert may have caused. But it seems patience is truly a virtue. Now, two years later, Mayor Bloomberg has granted permission for Jay-Z to have the event.
On Monday, July 8 the free concert will be held on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman” while also airing on the show. City officials will shut down the surrounding area of the theater during the concert.
Jay-Z has set the standard on album releases with his new album set to release on July 4th via a new app from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. As we reported, Samsung purchased one million copies of Jay-Z’s album for $5 each and will release them exclusively to Galaxy Users.
Check out one of Jay-Z’s promos for “Magna Carta Holy Grail”:
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here