*Jay-Z is looking to add to the buzz surrounding his forthcoming album “Magna Carta Holy Grail” by throwing a free concert in New York City.
Since 2010 Jay-Z has been looking to have a free concert on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman.” His idea was not exactly embraced by city officials who were concerned about the uproar of traffic and danger to public safety the concert may have caused. But it seems patience is truly a virtue. Now, two years later, Mayor Bloomberg has granted permission for Jay-Z to have the event.
On Monday, July 8 the free concert will be held on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman” while also airing on the show. City officials will shut down the surrounding area of the theater during the concert.
Jay-Z has set the standard on album releases with his new album set to release on July 4th via a new app from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. As we reported, Samsung purchased one million copies of Jay-Z’s album for $5 each and will release them exclusively to Galaxy Users.
Check out one of Jay-Z’s promos for “Magna Carta Holy Grail”:
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here