*Jay-Z is looking to add to the buzz surrounding his forthcoming album “Magna Carta Holy Grail” by throwing a free concert in New York City.
Since 2010 Jay-Z has been looking to have a free concert on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman.” His idea was not exactly embraced by city officials who were concerned about the uproar of traffic and danger to public safety the concert may have caused. But it seems patience is truly a virtue. Now, two years later, Mayor Bloomberg has granted permission for Jay-Z to have the event.
On Monday, July 8 the free concert will be held on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman” while also airing on the show. City officials will shut down the surrounding area of the theater during the concert.
Jay-Z has set the standard on album releases with his new album set to release on July 4th via a new app from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. As we reported, Samsung purchased one million copies of Jay-Z’s album for $5 each and will release them exclusively to Galaxy Users.
Check out one of Jay-Z’s promos for “Magna Carta Holy Grail”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here