*Jay-Z is looking to add to the buzz surrounding his forthcoming album “Magna Carta Holy Grail” by throwing a free concert in New York City.
Since 2010 Jay-Z has been looking to have a free concert on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman.” His idea was not exactly embraced by city officials who were concerned about the uproar of traffic and danger to public safety the concert may have caused. But it seems patience is truly a virtue. Now, two years later, Mayor Bloomberg has granted permission for Jay-Z to have the event.
On Monday, July 8 the free concert will be held on the marquee of the “Late Show With David Letterman” while also airing on the show. City officials will shut down the surrounding area of the theater during the concert.
Jay-Z has set the standard on album releases with his new album set to release on July 4th via a new app from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. As we reported, Samsung purchased one million copies of Jay-Z’s album for $5 each and will release them exclusively to Galaxy Users.
Check out one of Jay-Z’s promos for “Magna Carta Holy Grail”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here