*It seems like Damon Dash is only mentioned (and that aint often) when somebody has a compliant or grievance.
During a recent radio interview on Shade 45, Ol’ Dirty Bastard‘s son, Young Dirty Bastard (go figure), accused the former Roc-A-Fella Records CEO of withholding an album’s worth of material and rights to his father’s music.
“Tell Dame Dash that I’m looking for him and I want those masters back right now,” the 24-year-old demanded to hosts J.Medina & Money Nels.
“Why we gotta go through the courts when we could do this man-to-man. We need to build about it and let’s get this thing right. He got my father’s songs and I want them back…he had a nice size album and I want it.”
This isn’t the first time that Dash has been criticized for his business practices by a former artist.
In March 2012, Curren$y took legal action against Dash, claiming the mogul was selling his music without permission.
Dash responded by filing a $5 million lawsuit against his former lawyer, Janis Shen, blaming her for ruining the business deal between him and the rapper
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here