India.Arie, whose missions is to “spread love, healing, peace and jon through the power of words and music,”, opens up about a series of setbacks that caused her to considering leaving the music industry.
Rock bottom came when she had to struggle between the demands of the business and he deep desire to express her soul’s song. The interview shows India talking about the unexpected controversy put her in spotlight as well as how she to was able to return to her spiritual roots. She feels she regained her energy while preparing a new album released and finding her identity again.
Ms. Arie is an artist who’s focus Is self-empowerment through her lyrics. But at one point she wasn’t living the same life she poured out into her song. So even with all of the success, selling ten million albums and earning four Grammy awards, India felt the best thing to do was to leave the industry in order to rediscover her spiritual roots.
It seems this journey back to her essence she was able to find her own inner voice. She made her way through illness and insecurity, then finally returned home; to her music. In the end we’re treated with a special musical performance from Arie’s new album, “SongVersation!’
Oprah’s conversation with India Arie continues on June 30 as the singer tells “How to Break Through.”
“Super Soul Sunday” airs at 11am E/P (10am Central) on OWN.
Watch a sneak peek:
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here