India.Arie, whose missions is to “spread love, healing, peace and jon through the power of words and music,”, opens up about a series of setbacks that caused her to considering leaving the music industry.
Rock bottom came when she had to struggle between the demands of the business and he deep desire to express her soul’s song. The interview shows India talking about the unexpected controversy put her in spotlight as well as how she to was able to return to her spiritual roots. She feels she regained her energy while preparing a new album released and finding her identity again.
Ms. Arie is an artist who’s focus Is self-empowerment through her lyrics. But at one point she wasn’t living the same life she poured out into her song. So even with all of the success, selling ten million albums and earning four Grammy awards, India felt the best thing to do was to leave the industry in order to rediscover her spiritual roots.
It seems this journey back to her essence she was able to find her own inner voice. She made her way through illness and insecurity, then finally returned home; to her music. In the end we’re treated with a special musical performance from Arie’s new album, “SongVersation!’
Oprah’s conversation with India Arie continues on June 30 as the singer tells “How to Break Through.”
“Super Soul Sunday” airs at 11am E/P (10am Central) on OWN.
Watch a sneak peek:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here