*Oprah Winfrey’s headed back to Australia – but this time, through her network.
Discovery Networks International channel, Discovery Home and Health, will re-introduce a programming block from the OWN network, Winfrey’s joint venture with Discovery Inc.
Beginning Aug. 4, OWN series including “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” “Super Soul Sunday,” “America With Lisa Ling” (renamed from “Our America”) and “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Behind The Scenes” will air in a weekly block on the channel, which is seen on pay-TV provider Foxtel in Australia.
The upcoming launch in Australia follows the recent debut of OWN programming in the U.K. on Discovery’s TLC channel. DNI is looking to rollout other OWN programming internationally through its global lifestyle channel portfolio.
“OWN programming is the perfect complement to the lifestyle and entertainment shows airing on DNI’s popular female flagship brands. With the block’s successful launch in the U.K. now under our belts, we are primed to bring this robust offering to Australian audiences,” said Luis Silberwasser, executive vice president and chief content officer at DNI.
IN 2010, Winfrey famously flew an entire studio audience of her talk show to Australia, where she filmed four episodes.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here