*Oprah Winfrey’s headed back to Australia – but this time, through her network.
Discovery Networks International channel, Discovery Home and Health, will re-introduce a programming block from the OWN network, Winfrey’s joint venture with Discovery Inc.
Beginning Aug. 4, OWN series including “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” “Super Soul Sunday,” “America With Lisa Ling” (renamed from “Our America”) and “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Behind The Scenes” will air in a weekly block on the channel, which is seen on pay-TV provider Foxtel in Australia.
The upcoming launch in Australia follows the recent debut of OWN programming in the U.K. on Discovery’s TLC channel. DNI is looking to rollout other OWN programming internationally through its global lifestyle channel portfolio.
“OWN programming is the perfect complement to the lifestyle and entertainment shows airing on DNI’s popular female flagship brands. With the block’s successful launch in the U.K. now under our belts, we are primed to bring this robust offering to Australian audiences,” said Luis Silberwasser, executive vice president and chief content officer at DNI.
IN 2010, Winfrey famously flew an entire studio audience of her talk show to Australia, where she filmed four episodes.
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here