*Oprah Winfrey’s headed back to Australia – but this time, through her network.
Discovery Networks International channel, Discovery Home and Health, will re-introduce a programming block from the OWN network, Winfrey’s joint venture with Discovery Inc.
Beginning Aug. 4, OWN series including “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” “Super Soul Sunday,” “America With Lisa Ling” (renamed from “Our America”) and “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Behind The Scenes” will air in a weekly block on the channel, which is seen on pay-TV provider Foxtel in Australia.
The upcoming launch in Australia follows the recent debut of OWN programming in the U.K. on Discovery’s TLC channel. DNI is looking to rollout other OWN programming internationally through its global lifestyle channel portfolio.
“OWN programming is the perfect complement to the lifestyle and entertainment shows airing on DNI’s popular female flagship brands. With the block’s successful launch in the U.K. now under our belts, we are primed to bring this robust offering to Australian audiences,” said Luis Silberwasser, executive vice president and chief content officer at DNI.
IN 2010, Winfrey famously flew an entire studio audience of her talk show to Australia, where she filmed four episodes.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here