*Oprah Winfrey’s headed back to Australia – but this time, through her network.
Discovery Networks International channel, Discovery Home and Health, will re-introduce a programming block from the OWN network, Winfrey’s joint venture with Discovery Inc.
Beginning Aug. 4, OWN series including “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” “Super Soul Sunday,” “America With Lisa Ling” (renamed from “Our America”) and “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Behind The Scenes” will air in a weekly block on the channel, which is seen on pay-TV provider Foxtel in Australia.
The upcoming launch in Australia follows the recent debut of OWN programming in the U.K. on Discovery’s TLC channel. DNI is looking to rollout other OWN programming internationally through its global lifestyle channel portfolio.
“OWN programming is the perfect complement to the lifestyle and entertainment shows airing on DNI’s popular female flagship brands. With the block’s successful launch in the U.K. now under our belts, we are primed to bring this robust offering to Australian audiences,” said Luis Silberwasser, executive vice president and chief content officer at DNI.
IN 2010, Winfrey famously flew an entire studio audience of her talk show to Australia, where she filmed four episodes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here