Atlanta’s WSB-TV reports there was a 9 mm hand gun loaded with 10 rounds in Murphy’s carry-on bag when he arrived at the main security check point at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
Although Murphy is licensed to carry a gun, as required by law, TSA contacted local authorities and the “Praise Is What I Do” singer was arrested because they say loaded guns are not permitted on aircrafts and passengers must must declare their weapon before taking flight.
Murphy, the Pastor of Dream Center Church could face jail time and penalties of up to $7500. Wearing a t-shirt with the words “I heart my church” on it, on Thursday he was charged with possession of a weapon unauthorized in a Clayton County Court with bond set at $2500. The incident comes just days after Murphy was ordained a Bishop.
Murphy reportedly said he forgot the gun was in the bag. He is the forty-seventh person this year accused of carrying a weapon in an unauthorized location.
Passengers attempting to board planes with weapons has increased.
During the month of May TSA Officers confiscated a record 65 guns in carry-on bags at U.S. airports, including 54 that were loaded, the TSA says. Of the firearms that were loaded, 19 had bullets in the chamber.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here