Atlanta’s WSB-TV reports there was a 9 mm hand gun loaded with 10 rounds in Murphy’s carry-on bag when he arrived at the main security check point at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
Although Murphy is licensed to carry a gun, as required by law, TSA contacted local authorities and the “Praise Is What I Do” singer was arrested because they say loaded guns are not permitted on aircrafts and passengers must must declare their weapon before taking flight.
Murphy, the Pastor of Dream Center Church could face jail time and penalties of up to $7500. Wearing a t-shirt with the words “I heart my church” on it, on Thursday he was charged with possession of a weapon unauthorized in a Clayton County Court with bond set at $2500. The incident comes just days after Murphy was ordained a Bishop.
Murphy reportedly said he forgot the gun was in the bag. He is the forty-seventh person this year accused of carrying a weapon in an unauthorized location.
Passengers attempting to board planes with weapons has increased.
During the month of May TSA Officers confiscated a record 65 guns in carry-on bags at U.S. airports, including 54 that were loaded, the TSA says. Of the firearms that were loaded, 19 had bullets in the chamber.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here