Atlanta’s WSB-TV reports there was a 9 mm hand gun loaded with 10 rounds in Murphy’s carry-on bag when he arrived at the main security check point at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
Although Murphy is licensed to carry a gun, as required by law, TSA contacted local authorities and the “Praise Is What I Do” singer was arrested because they say loaded guns are not permitted on aircrafts and passengers must must declare their weapon before taking flight.
Murphy, the Pastor of Dream Center Church could face jail time and penalties of up to $7500. Wearing a t-shirt with the words “I heart my church” on it, on Thursday he was charged with possession of a weapon unauthorized in a Clayton County Court with bond set at $2500. The incident comes just days after Murphy was ordained a Bishop.
Murphy reportedly said he forgot the gun was in the bag. He is the forty-seventh person this year accused of carrying a weapon in an unauthorized location.
Passengers attempting to board planes with weapons has increased.
During the month of May TSA Officers confiscated a record 65 guns in carry-on bags at U.S. airports, including 54 that were loaded, the TSA says. Of the firearms that were loaded, 19 had bullets in the chamber.
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here