*Paula Deen failed to appear at her scheduled “Today” show interview this morning, where she was supposed to answer questions about her past use of racial slurs.
“Today” host Matt Lauer told viewers he had spoken with Deen the day before to arrange what NBC had promoted as an exclusive, live appearance. But shortly before the show went on the air Friday, Lauer said he was told by Deen’s rep that she was pulling out.
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used the N-word in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
The Food Network said Thursday it doesn’t tolerate any form of discrimination and is “looking into the situation.”
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here