*Following a cancelled interview and her firing from The Food Network, celebrity chef Paula Deen will appear on the “Today” show on Wednesday.
The program announced this morning that Deen would join the hosts this week to discuss the racism scandal that led to her firing from The Food Network. She was supposed to appear on the “Today” show last week to address the controversy surrounding her repeated use of the n-word, but bailed at the last minute. The cancellation seemed to irk “Today” hosts Matt Lauer and Al Roker.
Later, Deen released a series of apology videos through YouTube and addressed Lauer and the “Today” show. In two of the three videos, Deen apologized directly to Lauer, saying she was “physically unable” to attend her interview.
Deen is currently being sued by a former employee for racial discrimination. In addition to The Food Network, Deen holds a contract with QVC as well. The shopping channel said that it was reviewing the business relationship with Deen and had no immediate plans to have her on air.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here