*Following a cancelled interview and her firing from The Food Network, celebrity chef Paula Deen will appear on the “Today” show on Wednesday.
The program announced this morning that Deen would join the hosts this week to discuss the racism scandal that led to her firing from The Food Network. She was supposed to appear on the “Today” show last week to address the controversy surrounding her repeated use of the n-word, but bailed at the last minute. The cancellation seemed to irk “Today” hosts Matt Lauer and Al Roker.
Later, Deen released a series of apology videos through YouTube and addressed Lauer and the “Today” show. In two of the three videos, Deen apologized directly to Lauer, saying she was “physically unable” to attend her interview.
Deen is currently being sued by a former employee for racial discrimination. In addition to The Food Network, Deen holds a contract with QVC as well. The shopping channel said that it was reviewing the business relationship with Deen and had no immediate plans to have her on air.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here