*Michael Joseph “Prince” Jackson took the stand on Wednesday to testify in the wrongful death trial against AEG Live and recalled the last time he saw his father, Michael Jackson, alive.
“My dad was hanging halfway off the bed and his eyes were rolling back in his head,” said 16-year-old Prince. “[Dr. Conrad] Murray was doing CPR. My sister was screaming the whole time saying she wants her daddy. I was waiting at the bottom of the stairs crying, waiting to go to the hospital.”
Prince said he tried to calm his sister, Paris, at the hospital, telling her “angels were watching over us.” Prince said he was optimistic, but was soon informed that his father had passed away from a heart attack.
Prince spoke fondly about his father throughout his testimony.
“He always said you should give back to the community and to give back as much as you can,” Prince said. “I got my desire to give back from my father.” Prince added that his dad always told him “everything is a learning experience…always learn from your experience.”
What’s more, Prince noted he got his work ethic from the late pop star, stating, “If he wasn’t working, he got depressed.”
Prince, wearing a black suit with a dark grey tie with his long brown hair tucked behind his ears, insisted he had no idea growing up his dad was such a music legend until he saw a video of one of his concerts with girls crying and being carried out on stretchers.
“We always listened to his music, but we didn’t know he was famous,” he said.
Upon Michael’s death, “we had our ways of dealing with it. [Paris] is having a hard time right now,” said Prince of his sister, who is on the mend after an alleged suicide attempt earlier this month.
Speaking of Paris, the 15-year-old recently testified herself via a video deposition shot several months ago.
The wrongful death case was brought on by Katherine Jackson, on behalf of her son’s estate, against promoter AEG Live, the promoters of Michael’s “This Is It” shows. The Jackson matriarch claims AEG negligently handled her son’s medical care by hiring Dr. Murray and therefore played a role in his death from a propofol overdose.
Regarding AEG, Prince said his father was excited about going back on tour, but wasn’t happy about the terms of the ill-fated shows. Prince said his father wanted more time to rehearse and had several tense phone conversations with AEG. He said his father would cry after some of the conversations and told Prince that he was afraid of AEG.
The 16-year-old is the first member of the Jackson family to testify in a negligence lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live LLC over the pop superstar’s death in 2009.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here