*QVC has now joined the list of big businesses distancing themselves from Paula Deen in the wake of her racism scandal.
Mike George, president and CEO of the company, posted a blog note Thursday on the QVC website, sharing his thoughts and the decision to “take a pause” from the celeb chef.
He writes about their strong relationship and says QVC and Paula and her team have talked “extensively over the last several days … For now, we have decided to take a pause. Paula won’t be appearing on any upcoming broadcasts and we will phase out her product assortment on our online sales channels over the next few months. We all think it’s important, at this moment, for Paula to concentrate on responding to the allegations against her and on her path forward.”
He leaves the door open for Deen to return, saying, “Some of you may wonder whether this is a ‘forever’ decision – whether we are simply ending our association with Paula. We don’t think that’s how relationships work. People deserve second chances. And we always strive to do the right thing.”
Home Depot, Target, Walmart, the Food Network, Smithfield Foods and Caesars Entertainment have all dropped Paula Deen since she recently admitted in a deposition for a workplace discrimination suit that she used racial slurs in the past and tolerated bigoted behavior in her restaurants.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here