*QVC has now joined the list of big businesses distancing themselves from Paula Deen in the wake of her racism scandal.
Mike George, president and CEO of the company, posted a blog note Thursday on the QVC website, sharing his thoughts and the decision to “take a pause” from the celeb chef.
He writes about their strong relationship and says QVC and Paula and her team have talked “extensively over the last several days … For now, we have decided to take a pause. Paula won’t be appearing on any upcoming broadcasts and we will phase out her product assortment on our online sales channels over the next few months. We all think it’s important, at this moment, for Paula to concentrate on responding to the allegations against her and on her path forward.”
He leaves the door open for Deen to return, saying, “Some of you may wonder whether this is a ‘forever’ decision – whether we are simply ending our association with Paula. We don’t think that’s how relationships work. People deserve second chances. And we always strive to do the right thing.”
Home Depot, Target, Walmart, the Food Network, Smithfield Foods and Caesars Entertainment have all dropped Paula Deen since she recently admitted in a deposition for a workplace discrimination suit that she used racial slurs in the past and tolerated bigoted behavior in her restaurants.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here