*Have you ever given a speech? Have you ever given a speech for 11 hours? Yeah, that’s what we thought! Unbelievable, right?
Well, it’s time to stand and applaud the incredible Texas state senator Wendy Davis for her heroic 11-hour filibuster that stopped a bill that would’ve closed all but five of the abortion clinics in Texas, due to the bill’s requirement for all abortion clinics to have ambulatory surgical center licenses.
The Republican bill would also prevent abortions at 20 weeks or more, set restrictions on use of an abortion pill and give no exceptions for women who have psychological conditions or who become pregnant through rape or incest.
But with all that, Texas Governor Rick Perry vowed to bring the bill back…but not before he took a swipe at Davis with her own past teenage pregnancy. Yeah…he went there.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here