*Have you ever given a speech? Have you ever given a speech for 11 hours? Yeah, that’s what we thought! Unbelievable, right?
Well, it’s time to stand and applaud the incredible Texas state senator Wendy Davis for her heroic 11-hour filibuster that stopped a bill that would’ve closed all but five of the abortion clinics in Texas, due to the bill’s requirement for all abortion clinics to have ambulatory surgical center licenses.
The Republican bill would also prevent abortions at 20 weeks or more, set restrictions on use of an abortion pill and give no exceptions for women who have psychological conditions or who become pregnant through rape or incest.
But with all that, Texas Governor Rick Perry vowed to bring the bill back…but not before he took a swipe at Davis with her own past teenage pregnancy. Yeah…he went there.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here