*Have you ever given a speech? Have you ever given a speech for 11 hours? Yeah, that’s what we thought! Unbelievable, right?
Well, it’s time to stand and applaud the incredible Texas state senator Wendy Davis for her heroic 11-hour filibuster that stopped a bill that would’ve closed all but five of the abortion clinics in Texas, due to the bill’s requirement for all abortion clinics to have ambulatory surgical center licenses.
The Republican bill would also prevent abortions at 20 weeks or more, set restrictions on use of an abortion pill and give no exceptions for women who have psychological conditions or who become pregnant through rape or incest.
But with all that, Texas Governor Rick Perry vowed to bring the bill back…but not before he took a swipe at Davis with her own past teenage pregnancy. Yeah…he went there.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here