*Have you ever given a speech? Have you ever given a speech for 11 hours? Yeah, that’s what we thought! Unbelievable, right?
Well, it’s time to stand and applaud the incredible Texas state senator Wendy Davis for her heroic 11-hour filibuster that stopped a bill that would’ve closed all but five of the abortion clinics in Texas, due to the bill’s requirement for all abortion clinics to have ambulatory surgical center licenses.
The Republican bill would also prevent abortions at 20 weeks or more, set restrictions on use of an abortion pill and give no exceptions for women who have psychological conditions or who become pregnant through rape or incest.
But with all that, Texas Governor Rick Perry vowed to bring the bill back…but not before he took a swipe at Davis with her own past teenage pregnancy. Yeah…he went there.
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here