*Have you ever given a speech? Have you ever given a speech for 11 hours? Yeah, that’s what we thought! Unbelievable, right?
Well, it’s time to stand and applaud the incredible Texas state senator Wendy Davis for her heroic 11-hour filibuster that stopped a bill that would’ve closed all but five of the abortion clinics in Texas, due to the bill’s requirement for all abortion clinics to have ambulatory surgical center licenses.
The Republican bill would also prevent abortions at 20 weeks or more, set restrictions on use of an abortion pill and give no exceptions for women who have psychological conditions or who become pregnant through rape or incest.
But with all that, Texas Governor Rick Perry vowed to bring the bill back…but not before he took a swipe at Davis with her own past teenage pregnancy. Yeah…he went there.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here