*Robin Thicke is now slamming the ABC talent show “Duets,” the series that employed him last year as a judge, insisting now that he mainly did it for the money and the chance to have America see him sing live each week.
The show, which teamed contestants up with Thicke and his fellow coaches Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and Jennifer Nettles for weekly singing battles, was canceled after its first season.
The crooner tells Britain’s Metro, “I didn’t care for it. Everyone was wonderful and it was a great environment but I found it soulless and felt it was sucking my artistic integrity from me.
“Judges Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and I sang with the contestants on each episode, which is why it was attractive to me – it gave me the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on TV every week. I did it because it paid well – I’m hoping I’ll be rich enough off this album so I won’t have to do that again.”
Thicke is referring to his upcoming album “Blurred Lines.” The title track, released in March from Interscope/Universal and featuring TI and Pharrell Williams, became the U.K.’s fastest-selling single of 2013, with opening sales of 190,000. The track broke its own record in the second week by selling close to 199,000, reports the UK-based Official Charts Company.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here