*Robin Thicke is now slamming the ABC talent show “Duets,” the series that employed him last year as a judge, insisting now that he mainly did it for the money and the chance to have America see him sing live each week.
The show, which teamed contestants up with Thicke and his fellow coaches Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and Jennifer Nettles for weekly singing battles, was canceled after its first season.
The crooner tells Britain’s Metro, “I didn’t care for it. Everyone was wonderful and it was a great environment but I found it soulless and felt it was sucking my artistic integrity from me.
“Judges Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and I sang with the contestants on each episode, which is why it was attractive to me – it gave me the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on TV every week. I did it because it paid well – I’m hoping I’ll be rich enough off this album so I won’t have to do that again.”
Thicke is referring to his upcoming album “Blurred Lines.” The title track, released in March from Interscope/Universal and featuring TI and Pharrell Williams, became the U.K.’s fastest-selling single of 2013, with opening sales of 190,000. The track broke its own record in the second week by selling close to 199,000, reports the UK-based Official Charts Company.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here