*Robin Thicke is now slamming the ABC talent show “Duets,” the series that employed him last year as a judge, insisting now that he mainly did it for the money and the chance to have America see him sing live each week.
The show, which teamed contestants up with Thicke and his fellow coaches Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and Jennifer Nettles for weekly singing battles, was canceled after its first season.
The crooner tells Britain’s Metro, “I didn’t care for it. Everyone was wonderful and it was a great environment but I found it soulless and felt it was sucking my artistic integrity from me.
“Judges Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and I sang with the contestants on each episode, which is why it was attractive to me – it gave me the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on TV every week. I did it because it paid well – I’m hoping I’ll be rich enough off this album so I won’t have to do that again.”
Thicke is referring to his upcoming album “Blurred Lines.” The title track, released in March from Interscope/Universal and featuring TI and Pharrell Williams, became the U.K.’s fastest-selling single of 2013, with opening sales of 190,000. The track broke its own record in the second week by selling close to 199,000, reports the UK-based Official Charts Company.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here