*Paula Deen’s ship may have sailed with The Food Network and The Smithfield Co., but the Royal Caribbean cruise line is moving full steam ahead with its with the embattled chef in the wake of her racism scandal.
Deen’s annual “Paula Deen Cruise” on board the Royal Caribbean’s “Mariner of the Seas” has been flooded with so many booking requests that the cruise is adding an extra departure in 2014.
“Due to so many requests from Paula’s fans in the past we are actually planning two cruises for 2014 and look forward to both,” a rep for the cruise told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “It’s always an amazing time with Paula, her family and fans. If she goes – we go.”
And the cruise line is not alone.
Deen, 66, is scheduled to make appearances at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show in Houston and Dallas in September, and in Washington, DC in November. She remains a key personality on the website with tickets to see her specifically ranging from $95 to $500.
“Paula Deen has been a friend of The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show for many years. She has apologized and we are taking her apology at her word and moving forward accordingly,” the show’s rep told us. “The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show does not condone or believe in the use of derogatory slurs by anyone. This is a nation of forgiveness and second chances. In that spirit we intend to go forward with the MetroCooking Shows in Houston, Dallas and Washington, DC as planned with Paula as a presenter.”
Another company standing by Deen is the Vicroza Brand, who brought Deen onboard last year to hawk their diabetes drug Novo Nordisk.
“We recognize the seriousness of these allegations and will follow legal proceedings closely, staying in contact with her. As a company committed to improving the lives of people with diabetes, Novo Nordisk engaged Deen as a spokesperson because of her commitment to increasing awareness about diabetes to millions of people in this country,” the rep told us.
At least one of Deen’s restaurants hasn’t taken much of a hit either. Over the weekend, fans flocked to her wildly popular Savannah restaurant The Lady and Sons, waiting in long lines to get to the buffet, offering support, and even talked of boycotting the Food Network for its decision to axe Deen programming.
On Friday, the Food Network announced Deen’s contract would not be renewed, and on Monday, Smithfield, the pork company that sold a ham with her name and face on it, said she they were severing ties as well.
Many of Deen’s other business partners are also teetering, including home shopping giant QVC.
“QVC does not tolerate discriminatory behavior. We are closely monitoring these events and the ongoing litigation,” rep Paul Capelli, told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “We are reviewing our business relationship with Ms. Deen, and in the meantime, we have no immediate plans to have her appear on QVC.”
The fate of Deen’s cookware collection is also up in the air. Retailers Wal-Mart and JC Penney sell her line but have so far stayed mum on the situation. A rep for Sears Holdings, which sells Deen’s products at Kmart and Sears, stated that the company “is exploring next steps as they pertain to Ms. Deen’s products” and Target is “evaluating the situation.”
The book publisher Random House is slated to release “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up” in October. Rep Stuart Applebaum told us that the book presently remains on course for a fall publication, although they are “monitoring the situation closely.”
Las Vegas-based Caesars Entertainment Corporation hosts Deen restaurants in several casinos. A company said they too will “continue to monitor the situation.”
The fate of her magazine “Cooking with Paula Deen” also remains unknown. Its Alabama-based publisher Hoffman Media told a local news outlet that it “does not condone discrimination of any kind,” adding “we are not in a position to discuss her magazine and contract right now.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here