*Some classic dialogue from Bryan Cranston’s Walter White in AMC’s “Breaking Bad” was delivered by Samuel L. Jackson in a bid to raise money for Alzheimer’s disease.
The actor has been seeking donations via Reddit on behalf of the Alzheimer’s Association, and if certain levels are met, Jackson has promised to record monologues chosen by users of the site. He posted his first monologue last week after $100,000 was raised.
On Wednesday, Jackson posted video No. 2 in honor of raising $155,000. In the clip, he takes on the role of “Breaking Bad’s” anti-hero Walter White in one of the most talked-about scenes from season 4, in which Walter tells his wife: “I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger… I am the one who knocks!” [Scroll down to watch.]
Jackson, a “Breaking Bad” fan, has promised to record voicemail messages for three donors if his campaign reaches $175,000. In addition, those donating to the cause are entered into a contest to win a trip to have lunch with the actor and attend the June 15 Shooting Stars Benefit in the United Kingdom, which will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.
Alzheimer’s is a personal cause for Jackson, because the disease has hit his family hard. In April, Jackson appeared at a Seth Rogen-hosted Alzheimer’s fundraiser, where he told stories about his mother and his aunt, both of whom suffered from the disease.
On Reddit, one user had an interesting suggestion for where Jackson’s campaign could go: “In return Bryan Cranston should record himself doing the Ezekiel speech from Pulp Fiction.”
Donations to Jackson’s campaign can be made here.
Below, watch the original “I am the one who knocks…” monologue from “Breaking Bad,” (starts at 0:51) which occurs after Walt’s wife threatens to call the police after fearing his illegal drug operation has put their family in danger; followed by Samuel L. Jackson’s version.
In other “Breaking Bad” news, with the final half of season five premiering Aug. 11, AMC on Wednesday unveiled its first poster teasing the show’s final eight episodes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here