*Sandra Bullock is in early talks to join Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhane Wallis in “Annie,” the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical that Sony is making with producers Will Smith and Jay-Z.
Bullock would play Miss Hannigan, the mean lady who runs the orphanage inhabited by Annie (Wallis) and her friends. Carol Burnett memorably played the role in the 1982 movie.
But that is only if a contract is signed. Bullock and the studio were in talks in March but the actress ultimately passed at the time, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Now the two sides are back at the table.
As previously reported, Foxx will play a modern incarnation of Daddy Warbucks, a billionaire named Benjamin Stacks.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment banner partner James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z. Also producing are Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated December 2014 release.
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here