*Retired NFL star Shawne Merriman says he did not overdose on drugs at an L.A. nightclub last night, telling TMZ he was simply dehydrated.
The 29-year-old, who was transported from Colony nightclub to an L.A. hospital around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night, tells TMZ, “I didn’t feel well and they called the ambulance for me to make sure I was good.”
Merriman says he doesn’t know who called the ambulance. According to the website, the person who called 911 reported that Shawne was “barely conscious.”
After Merriman was admitted to the hospital, the ex-NFL star says, “They told me to drink some fluids and sent me on my way.”
Shawne says he’s been running himself ragged recently. “I’ve been finishing my MBA, shooting a bunch of films, launching my LightsOut [company] and still training,” he said.
In fact, Shawne says he had just gotten off a plane from Canada … and went straight to the clubs last night.
“At the hospital, he got fluids and felt fine, so he went right back to the club,” said his rep.
As for reports that Shawne was treated for a drug overdose, the rep tells TMZ, “That’s absurd … if you had a drug overdose, you wouldn’t be at a club right after.”
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here