*Retired NFL star Shawne Merriman says he did not overdose on drugs at an L.A. nightclub last night, telling TMZ he was simply dehydrated.
The 29-year-old, who was transported from Colony nightclub to an L.A. hospital around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night, tells TMZ, “I didn’t feel well and they called the ambulance for me to make sure I was good.”
Merriman says he doesn’t know who called the ambulance. According to the website, the person who called 911 reported that Shawne was “barely conscious.”
After Merriman was admitted to the hospital, the ex-NFL star says, “They told me to drink some fluids and sent me on my way.”
Shawne says he’s been running himself ragged recently. “I’ve been finishing my MBA, shooting a bunch of films, launching my LightsOut [company] and still training,” he said.
In fact, Shawne says he had just gotten off a plane from Canada … and went straight to the clubs last night.
“At the hospital, he got fluids and felt fine, so he went right back to the club,” said his rep.
As for reports that Shawne was treated for a drug overdose, the rep tells TMZ, “That’s absurd … if you had a drug overdose, you wouldn’t be at a club right after.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here