*Retired NFL star Shawne Merriman says he did not overdose on drugs at an L.A. nightclub last night, telling TMZ he was simply dehydrated.
The 29-year-old, who was transported from Colony nightclub to an L.A. hospital around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night, tells TMZ, “I didn’t feel well and they called the ambulance for me to make sure I was good.”
Merriman says he doesn’t know who called the ambulance. According to the website, the person who called 911 reported that Shawne was “barely conscious.”
After Merriman was admitted to the hospital, the ex-NFL star says, “They told me to drink some fluids and sent me on my way.”
Shawne says he’s been running himself ragged recently. “I’ve been finishing my MBA, shooting a bunch of films, launching my LightsOut [company] and still training,” he said.
In fact, Shawne says he had just gotten off a plane from Canada … and went straight to the clubs last night.
“At the hospital, he got fluids and felt fine, so he went right back to the club,” said his rep.
As for reports that Shawne was treated for a drug overdose, the rep tells TMZ, “That’s absurd … if you had a drug overdose, you wouldn’t be at a club right after.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here