*Retired NFL star Shawne Merriman says he did not overdose on drugs at an L.A. nightclub last night, telling TMZ he was simply dehydrated.
The 29-year-old, who was transported from Colony nightclub to an L.A. hospital around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night, tells TMZ, “I didn’t feel well and they called the ambulance for me to make sure I was good.”
Merriman says he doesn’t know who called the ambulance. According to the website, the person who called 911 reported that Shawne was “barely conscious.”
After Merriman was admitted to the hospital, the ex-NFL star says, “They told me to drink some fluids and sent me on my way.”
Shawne says he’s been running himself ragged recently. “I’ve been finishing my MBA, shooting a bunch of films, launching my LightsOut [company] and still training,” he said.
In fact, Shawne says he had just gotten off a plane from Canada … and went straight to the clubs last night.
“At the hospital, he got fluids and felt fine, so he went right back to the club,” said his rep.
As for reports that Shawne was treated for a drug overdose, the rep tells TMZ, “That’s absurd … if you had a drug overdose, you wouldn’t be at a club right after.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here