*Retired NFL star Shawne Merriman says he did not overdose on drugs at an L.A. nightclub last night, telling TMZ he was simply dehydrated.
The 29-year-old, who was transported from Colony nightclub to an L.A. hospital around 9:30 p.m. Sunday night, tells TMZ, “I didn’t feel well and they called the ambulance for me to make sure I was good.”
Merriman says he doesn’t know who called the ambulance. According to the website, the person who called 911 reported that Shawne was “barely conscious.”
After Merriman was admitted to the hospital, the ex-NFL star says, “They told me to drink some fluids and sent me on my way.”
Shawne says he’s been running himself ragged recently. “I’ve been finishing my MBA, shooting a bunch of films, launching my LightsOut [company] and still training,” he said.
In fact, Shawne says he had just gotten off a plane from Canada … and went straight to the clubs last night.
“At the hospital, he got fluids and felt fine, so he went right back to the club,” said his rep.
As for reports that Shawne was treated for a drug overdose, the rep tells TMZ, “That’s absurd … if you had a drug overdose, you wouldn’t be at a club right after.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here