*Soledad O’Brien’s Starfish Media Group is in advanced negotiations with Al Jazeera America on a production deal, a person familiar with the matter told The Hollywood Reporter.
Under the deal, O’Brien’s company would produce long-form programming and other segments for the forthcoming cable news network.
Earlier this month, O’Brien inked a content development deal with HBO for projects developed by Starfish Media Group. She also appears on the HBO program “Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel” (O’Brien’s first piece aired Tuesday night).
O’Brien announced the formation of Starfish Media Group in February as she was leaving CNN’s “Starting Point.” Her production company will also continue to produce programming for the cable news network.
Al Jazeera America, backed by the government of Qatar, is set to launch later this summer.
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here