*Soledad O’Brien’s Starfish Media Group is in advanced negotiations with Al Jazeera America on a production deal, a person familiar with the matter told The Hollywood Reporter.
Under the deal, O’Brien’s company would produce long-form programming and other segments for the forthcoming cable news network.
Earlier this month, O’Brien inked a content development deal with HBO for projects developed by Starfish Media Group. She also appears on the HBO program “Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel” (O’Brien’s first piece aired Tuesday night).
O’Brien announced the formation of Starfish Media Group in February as she was leaving CNN’s “Starting Point.” Her production company will also continue to produce programming for the cable news network.
Al Jazeera America, backed by the government of Qatar, is set to launch later this summer.
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here