*Soledad O’Brien’s Starfish Media Group is in advanced negotiations with Al Jazeera America on a production deal, a person familiar with the matter told The Hollywood Reporter.
Under the deal, O’Brien’s company would produce long-form programming and other segments for the forthcoming cable news network.
Earlier this month, O’Brien inked a content development deal with HBO for projects developed by Starfish Media Group. She also appears on the HBO program “Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel” (O’Brien’s first piece aired Tuesday night).
O’Brien announced the formation of Starfish Media Group in February as she was leaving CNN’s “Starting Point.” Her production company will also continue to produce programming for the cable news network.
Al Jazeera America, backed by the government of Qatar, is set to launch later this summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here