*Soledad O’Brien is taking her talents to HBO.
The news anchor, who left CNN in March, is staying in the Turner family by joining HBO‘s “Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel,” reports Deadline.com. Additionally, O’Brien and her production company, Starfish Media Group, have entered a first-look deal with HBO for scripted projects and long-form programming concepts.
O’Brien also has a deal to continue to produce documentaries for CNN, including two installments of her “Black In America” series. “Real Sports” reunites two former “Today” hosts — Gumbel co-anchored the weekday show, while O’Brien co-hosted the weekend edition before moving to CNN, where she anchored morning programs “American Morning” and “Starting Point.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here