*Soledad O’Brien is taking her talents to HBO.
The news anchor, who left CNN in March, is staying in the Turner family by joining HBO‘s “Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel,” reports Deadline.com. Additionally, O’Brien and her production company, Starfish Media Group, have entered a first-look deal with HBO for scripted projects and long-form programming concepts.
O’Brien also has a deal to continue to produce documentaries for CNN, including two installments of her “Black In America” series. “Real Sports” reunites two former “Today” hosts — Gumbel co-anchored the weekday show, while O’Brien co-hosted the weekend edition before moving to CNN, where she anchored morning programs “American Morning” and “Starting Point.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here