*Stevie Wonder is set to perform a special concert in Morocco to celebrate the work of international diplomats who achieved a major milestone for the visually impaired.
The singer, blind since shortly after birth, vowed to fly to Marrakesh and reward World Intellectual Property Organization officials with a private show if they signed a treaty boosting access to books for those who are visually impaired.
In a video message to delegates converging in the city for a conference, he borrowed the lyrics from his hit “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” and said, “This is a legacy, a gift to future generations. So let’s finalize a new agreement that opens doors to the world’s written treasures and moves towards a future where there are no barriers to the expansion of knowledge and enjoyment of culture. Let’s get this signed, sealed, delivered, and I’m yours.”
The decree was approved by negotiators today, and now the singer has agreed to stage a celebratory gig at the Palais des Congres on Friday.
The Marrakesh Treaty still has to be ratified by 20 member states of the United Nations before it can go into effect.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here