*Stevie Wonder is set to perform a special concert in Morocco to celebrate the work of international diplomats who achieved a major milestone for the visually impaired.
The singer, blind since shortly after birth, vowed to fly to Marrakesh and reward World Intellectual Property Organization officials with a private show if they signed a treaty boosting access to books for those who are visually impaired.
In a video message to delegates converging in the city for a conference, he borrowed the lyrics from his hit “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” and said, “This is a legacy, a gift to future generations. So let’s finalize a new agreement that opens doors to the world’s written treasures and moves towards a future where there are no barriers to the expansion of knowledge and enjoyment of culture. Let’s get this signed, sealed, delivered, and I’m yours.”
The decree was approved by negotiators today, and now the singer has agreed to stage a celebratory gig at the Palais des Congres on Friday.
The Marrakesh Treaty still has to be ratified by 20 member states of the United Nations before it can go into effect.
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here