*Stevie Wonder is set to perform a special concert in Morocco to celebrate the work of international diplomats who achieved a major milestone for the visually impaired.
The singer, blind since shortly after birth, vowed to fly to Marrakesh and reward World Intellectual Property Organization officials with a private show if they signed a treaty boosting access to books for those who are visually impaired.
In a video message to delegates converging in the city for a conference, he borrowed the lyrics from his hit “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” and said, “This is a legacy, a gift to future generations. So let’s finalize a new agreement that opens doors to the world’s written treasures and moves towards a future where there are no barriers to the expansion of knowledge and enjoyment of culture. Let’s get this signed, sealed, delivered, and I’m yours.”
The decree was approved by negotiators today, and now the singer has agreed to stage a celebratory gig at the Palais des Congres on Friday.
The Marrakesh Treaty still has to be ratified by 20 member states of the United Nations before it can go into effect.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here