*Stevie Wonder is set to perform a special concert in Morocco to celebrate the work of international diplomats who achieved a major milestone for the visually impaired.
The singer, blind since shortly after birth, vowed to fly to Marrakesh and reward World Intellectual Property Organization officials with a private show if they signed a treaty boosting access to books for those who are visually impaired.
In a video message to delegates converging in the city for a conference, he borrowed the lyrics from his hit “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” and said, “This is a legacy, a gift to future generations. So let’s finalize a new agreement that opens doors to the world’s written treasures and moves towards a future where there are no barriers to the expansion of knowledge and enjoyment of culture. Let’s get this signed, sealed, delivered, and I’m yours.”
The decree was approved by negotiators today, and now the singer has agreed to stage a celebratory gig at the Palais des Congres on Friday.
The Marrakesh Treaty still has to be ratified by 20 member states of the United Nations before it can go into effect.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here