*Stevie Wonder is set to perform a special concert in Morocco to celebrate the work of international diplomats who achieved a major milestone for the visually impaired.
The singer, blind since shortly after birth, vowed to fly to Marrakesh and reward World Intellectual Property Organization officials with a private show if they signed a treaty boosting access to books for those who are visually impaired.
In a video message to delegates converging in the city for a conference, he borrowed the lyrics from his hit “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” and said, “This is a legacy, a gift to future generations. So let’s finalize a new agreement that opens doors to the world’s written treasures and moves towards a future where there are no barriers to the expansion of knowledge and enjoyment of culture. Let’s get this signed, sealed, delivered, and I’m yours.”
The decree was approved by negotiators today, and now the singer has agreed to stage a celebratory gig at the Palais des Congres on Friday.
The Marrakesh Treaty still has to be ratified by 20 member states of the United Nations before it can go into effect.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here