*Terrell Owens visited Chad Johnson in the Broward County, Fla., jail on Saturday and said his former Cincinnati Bengals teammate was in “good spirits,” although seeing Johnson locked up was a “humbling experience.”
Chad Johnson’s plea deal was rejected last week, resulting in a 30-day jail sentence for violating his probation from his no-contest plea last year to battery on his then-wife, Evelyn Lozada.
Owens shared details on his visit through Twitter on Saturday. He and Johnson were teammates with the Bengals in 2010.
“Just visited the homie @ochocinco. He’s in good spirits, he needs a haircut already tho. Lol. He sends his best regards to everyone,” Owens wrote, adding it was the first time he had visited anyone in prison.
“I really didn’t know what to expect but to see the homie locked up is a very humbling experience, to talk to him via vid conference let me know that’s not where anyone wants to be. I know he’s only in the county jail but to someone that has never been locked up…Jail is Jail!”
Johnson had reached a deal with prosecutors for community service and counseling to resolve a probation violation from his no-contest plea last year to battery on his then-wife, TV star Evelyn Lozada, but it was rejected by Broward County Circuit Judge Kathleen McHugh last week after Johnson gave his attorney a pat on the butt.
“This isn’t a joke,” the judge said, raising questions about his sincerity.
Adam Swickle, Johnson’s attorney, asked McHugh last week to reconsider the sentence, saying the backside pat was merely Johnson’s way of showing appreciation for his attorney’s work on the case.
Prosecutors say they’ll leave Johnson’s sentence up to McHugh, who presides over Broward County domestic violence cases. A hearing has been set for today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here